Sign in to follow this  
chumley

737 NG Overhead Panel problem

HiA couple of days ago I experimented with running undocked panels on a second screen. I undocked the FMC, Throttle and Comms Panels and did a little test run. For some unknown reason I also decided to undock the overhead then changed my mind and redocked it.Since this fiddling escapade I have ditched the idea of a second monitor for the immediate future and redocked all the panels.The problem I now have is when opening the overhead with the relevant button press everything works as intended. However, when I press one of the buttons to revert to another panel it doesn't work and I have to manually close the panel.Any suggestions on how I might correct this problem?RegardsAybeEdit: I have just checked the 747 and it works OK. The buttons that don't work are M and Z. The others display other panel views with the overhead as a background.

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

Try opening PMDG keyboard assignments from the FS menu bar, assign main and zoom (I use M and N) and then close it. This usually resolves any panel switcher problems I've had.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Aybe,I had this problem a while back - think I had to uninstal/reinstal to fix it.

Guest tomahawk_pa38

Aybe,I can't honestly remember what I did. I was fiddling around with the display settings and setting my system up to use two screen when this happended to me. If you do a search - you might find my original question which may give you an answer. Try searching by my logon tomahawk_pa38.Also I noticed recently that when I selected an aircraft, the display box was black instead of showing the rotating airplane. I cured this by restoring all my display settings to default - might be a good way to start instead of reinstalling everything. I had set the anistrophic filtering to max - which it obviously didn't like.

On ya Dave"1. Check the Multi monitor setting in the PMDG menu. It should be unchecked."The above advice was given to you and guess what? It fixed my problem. The Multi Monitor check box had a big fat tick in it and when removed everything returned to normal.A big thank you for putting me on the right track.CheersAybe

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

Guest tomahawk_pa38

My pleasure - I find it very rewarding being able to answer someone's problem on this forum and I really appreciate it when someone helps me out too. It really is a bonus having all this knowledge available to help us.