Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

help with the WXR and DATA buttons

HiEven after having had the pmdg 747 for over a year there are still lots of things I do not understand.The buttons under the top left panel marked WXR and DATA are one of those things.When I click on these nothing happens.Can someone please tell me what should happen and why it does not happen with me.Also I have the level d 767-the landings with the level are a dream-but not with the pmdg 747,The 747 pmdg tends to be very 'touchy' near the the ground ,the slightest movement will take it off the center line.Is there anything in the settings I can do to improve this.The aircraftcon.fig file etc.I have a ch flightstick usb-it works great with level d.Looking forword to your help.Qas

Guest SVA121

WXR does not work, it's suppose to be for the Weather Radar. DATA should wrok, and should show you the ETA of each intersection your flying to on the ND.Can't help you the sensitivity problem.Happy FlyingMohammed

Qas,Try setting the rudder sensitivity way down in FS9's optionscontrolsassignmentssensitivities selection. I have rudder pedals and they are also very touchy, so I set the sensitivity way down and added a 25% dead zone. You may not get any benefit if you have autocoordination checked. Separate rudder pedals will give much more control. Kim

Guest chris493

Thats funny you should say that the WXR isnt modelled because when I select WXR it gives me a full weather radar. I dont understand why because I just run the basic FS9 with no Weather Systems add-ons!

You're joking, right. I didn't think weather radar was modeled in FS9, it's strictly an add on. PMDG's WXR feature is not modeled on my 747 Queen of the Skies either. Maybe for the 747-400F version?Kim

The B74F doesn't have the WXR either. About the sensitivity problem though. By near the ground do you mean actually on the ground or on approach. I noticed that on approach with flaps 30, the aircraft handles like a fighter jet. But for some reason with flaps 25, everything is nice and stable all the way in.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest chris493

Actually I'm not.. I can switch it on and control it from the switches above the FMC on the COM Panel, just like the TCAS, even on the ground and in the air.

A screenshot would help people believe you. ;)

Guest chris493

Sorry, I dont have the software yet to take pictures in Flight Simulator 2004

All you really need is paint which usually comes with your computer. Go to 'Start', 'All Programs', then 'Accessories'. So when in FS, press 'Print Screen' (might be 'PrtSc' or some other abbreviation) on your keyboard, then paste into paint.Also, can you really work the WXR? Are you sure you don't have any addons?Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest chris493

yes I'm pretty sure i dont have any add-ons. Thanks for tellin me how to take picsCheers

Many thanks to all for helping.It is clear that we all do not benefit from all the features of the 747.It would be nice if someone from PMDG could offer explanation/adviseon how to make both the wxr and data buttons work for everyone.Regarding the pmdg landing sensitivity,I normally approach with flap 30I will try flap 25 and see what happens.I have both sensitivity and null zone set to very low values.The level d is superb with these values.Another request ,does anybody remember the thread that was posted on the fs2004 forum regarding the 'natural sound set' for the level d.I had installed it-and it was 100 times better than the original level d set.My hard drive crashed 2 weeks ago and I have lost the info-can't find it in the search option either.If anybody does know how to make the wxr and data buttons to work than please let us know.Qas

Guest chris493

I dont know why but I dont have any add-ons yet if you push the WXR button on the Panel the ND display's background changes to show you a weather radar which works in corrispondance to the weather conditions in FS9. It shows everything from wind speeds to turbulence ahead. I dont know how i got it but I just did i suppose!

Guest Sean Reeder

I have weather radar but its from the reality xp weather radar hack that puts it in the ND

Guest chris493

Yes, It looks good but what I dont understand is that I dont have any weather radar software yet I get Weather Radar in the PMDG 747-400 when its supposedly not modelled.When i first flew the PMDG 747 on FS 2004 I thought WOW its actually got a real working weather radar! And just yesterday I read this subject and I thought hang-on...how do I have it for free but knowone else does?