Sign in to follow this  
Guest davfra

Flight Plans into FMC

Guest davfra

I`m just starting with PMDG and can`t input my flight plans from FSNav into the FMC. I have the dll from FSNav and put it into the export plans folder and exported it to PMDG.When I try to load it into the FMC I get a `Data not available` message.There was a plan that came with the software and that won`t load either.

The flightplan may have an extension like EGLLEDDF2, or EGLLEDDF001, depending on the flight planner which created it. Check your flightplans folder inside the PMDG main folder under the FS9 root folder, NOT the aircraft folder. You need to type the exact name of the flightplan for it to be accepted.Ron

Ron Service

Guest davfra

I checked that. It has the .rte extension and it`s inside the PMDG/Flight Plans folder.

Guest visualchaosfx

Take your flight plan and enter it in on this site:http://simroutes.com/Click Generate Routes and another page opens. Select the aircraft type. In this case, the 747 and in the downlaod flightplan box, select PMDG. Copy the flight plan into the PMDG flight plan folder, taking not e what the file name is, and go back to FS9 and load the flight plan entering the exact file name minus the file extension. There's your flight plan.When entering the flight plan at Simroutes, I found that you can only use VOR in the flight plan. No intersections. The FMC has problems reading intersections in a flight plan so I just used all VORs.Hope this helps,Lee Alexander

FSNav flightplans that have been exported to PMDG should be able to be imported by entering the departure ICAO, the destination ICAO and 001. Then upselect this to the co-route line and activate.For example an exported flightplan from LAX to Boston would be entered in as KLAXKBOS001Works everytime for me.Hope this helps,

Guest visualchaosfx

Or you could do it that way too.Lee Alexander