Sign in to follow this  
Guest UpAndDown

"Boxed" PMDG 737-800/900

Guest UpAndDown

Hi all,I have just purchased the "boxed" version of PMDG 737-800/900. Now before I load it up I have a couple of questions:1. Do I need to purchase PMDG 737-600/700 for it to work like the downloadable versions or will it work on its own?2. Is their any limit to how computers I can load it onto running the the same copy of FS2004? I would like to load it on my laptop and desktop computer but the desktop is about to be replaced and I update the laptop every few years.3. Does this version have a classic 737-400 add-on?Thanks in advance,Klint

Hi,1. Yes, you need to purchase the PMDG 737-600/700 package for the 800/900 package to work. After that I recommend you download the patch that makes the Virtual Cockpit on all the aircrafts clickable.2. As far as I remember, there are no limitations to the number of computers you can install the PMDG 737NG aircrafts.3. PMDG only have the NG (Next Generation, -600, -700, -800, -900) series of aircrafts. For the classics you have to look elsewere.Hope this helps.Regards,Raymond

Raymond Bergseng ENGM

Asus P6T WS Professional, Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz (OC to 3.8), Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU cooler, 12 GB OCZ Platinum XTC DDR3 1600MHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 580 "Superclocked Edition" 797MHz 1536MB, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra external USB soundcard, WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA discs, Cooler Master Stacker nVidia Edition w/850W PSU, Dell UltraSharp 24" LCD, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Logitech Ultra X Premium Keyboard, MX 518, Saitek Yoke and Rudder.

Guest AJ

Actually, I am pretty sure that the boxed version of the 800/900 does NOT require the 600/700 package to work. That requirement only applies to the download versions. Andrew

You might be right. I had a look at Aerosoft's website and checked the boxes in a store today, and it doesn't say on the box that -600/700 is required.So, unless the PMDG team says otherwise, you DO NOT need the 600/700 version to get the boxed -800/900 to work.Sorry about the wrong information, there.Regards,Raymond

Raymond Bergseng ENGM

Asus P6T WS Professional, Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz (OC to 3.8), Zalman CNPS9700 NT CPU cooler, 12 GB OCZ Platinum XTC DDR3 1600MHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 580 "Superclocked Edition" 797MHz 1536MB, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra external USB soundcard, WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA discs, Cooler Master Stacker nVidia Edition w/850W PSU, Dell UltraSharp 24" LCD, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Logitech Ultra X Premium Keyboard, MX 518, Saitek Yoke and Rudder.

Guest UpAndDown

Thanks Andrew and Raymond. I couldn't find anything on the box either that said you need the -600/700 so I guess it will work.1. Does anyone know what else I will be missing by not having the PMDG 737-600/700 version?2. Is there any limit to how many computers I can load the program onto running the same version of FS2004? (I want to run it on my laptop and desktop computer at home)Cheers,Klint

Guest chris493

Hi KlintIf its on a disk you can install it on 100 computers if you wanted as long as you have FS9 on all the computers your installing the add-on on.CheersChris

>Hi Klint>>If its on a disk you can install it on 100 computers if you>wanted as long as you have FS9 on all the computers your>installing the add-on on.>>Cheers>>ChrisChris,Technically he could, but legally no! Read the EULA (End User License Agreement) for clarifications on how many installed copies of the software you are allowed to have. Hope it helps,

Mats Johansson
PMDG Flight Test Dept
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

| Asus Z270-A | Intel i5-7600K @ 4.8 GHz OC/H2O | nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB OC/O2|

I have the CD and it can stand alone. Also be sure to register it at aerosoft.com, then access the FAQ/Patches section and check for Aerosoft's version of service patches.The liveries at the PMDG site will install just fine.The PMDG load manager is included. If you wish to use PMDG's fuel planner download it from the PMDG site.I also suggest you install FSUIPC 3.75 from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlto get a later version than what is included on the CD if you do not already have this installed. PMDG products will take care of the licensing required for the FS9 version.

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team

Guest UpAndDown

Thanks for your help everyone!I don't intend to use it on 100 different computers just for my own personal use. The only reason I asked was I am updating my desktop computer soon and didn't want to have to re-purchase the software, thats why I went the boxed version rather than the downloadable version!Does anyone know what is missing from "not" loading the PMDG 737-600/700 module?Cheers,Klint

Nothing that I am aware of.It is the 800/900 that updates the instruments in the 600/700 if you have.You should have everything from the CD and the Aerosoft provided service pack for the 800/900.For the real world, the 800 seems the dominant variant with (not modeled) the 900ER becoming popular. The 700NG is used quite a bit by some regionals catering to really smaller airports and less passenger loading. In the US Southwest Airlines is one. The 800 is used for up to about five plus fractional hour legs such as the US West Coast to Hawaii, Germany to the Canary Islands, and other legs that used to be considered for larger aircraft long haul only. In the US Airtran has a large percentage of 800 and Sun Country is exclusively 800. In Europe you have Air Europa and Air Berlin among others.I did by both the 600/700 and 800/900 full CDs preferring that route for my personal convenience. If you do not want to emulate a 700 using airline there is no need to get the 600/700 download or CD.

Ron Ginsberg
KMSP Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Puddles
rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Support Team