Sign in to follow this  
Guest matti27

747-400F Cargo Door Ops

Guest matti27

Hello,I have recently purchased 747-400F and I am having some trouble operating the cargo doors. I have managed to allocate keyboard assignments, and can get the airstairs and tail jack working a treat! However, I cannot get the nose and rear cargo doors to work so well. I've only managed to get them to work once, and that was more by luck than judgement!Do certain conditions need to be set in order for them to operate? Parking brakes on, for example, and anything else?Thanks, Matt

From the 747_400F_Differences Manual...You must have APU GEN2 or EXT PWR 2 showing available to have the proper Bus configuration to operate the doors.When all else fails, the manual is there!;-) Cheers,

To follow up on Chuck's reply- the NOSE door needs BOTH the right and left side to have power available. They don't both have to ON, just available. The APU running, or dual ground power would do this nicely.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper