Sign in to follow this  
Guest mattswan777

PMDG 747 and Goflight?

Guest mattswan777

Hey my name is Matt.I just got the PMDG 747 and I was wondering if there is a patch for it so that I can use my GF-MCP Advanced Autopilot Module, my RP48 2" Tall Panel Module, and my GF-166 Versatile Radio Panel Module. I really like the 747 and hope that I can still use my goflight equipment. Can anyone help? Thanks,Matt

Matt,The 744 is only usable with the GF MCP Pro. Software that connects the 744 and the hardware is availiable for purchase on our page...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan is correct. I have both the older GF "Advanced" AP as well as the newer PRO version and only the PRO version works with the PMDG 744.From my experience, the GF radios do not seem to work with the PMDG 744. (As you know, the radios in the 744 are tuned via the FMC not via any panel switches.)Some of the GF hardware does work with the 744 without any special programming of keys or whatever, e.g., the GF flaps and gear module (superb!), and a few settings and switches on the GF T8 and P8 panels also work in the 744 cockpit such as arming the speedbrake for deployment on touchdown, the altimeter settings (both local and standard), the marker beacon sounds, and so on.Jonathan

Jonathan Sacks

Dell XPS Gen 4, Pentium IV Northwood extreme 3.8Ghz, 3Ghz RAM, eVGA 7900 GTO,

12 GoFlight modules plus MCP-PRO AP and EFIS, GF pedestal, CH rudder pedals,

CH throttle quadrant, 42" LG LED, 24" DELL LCD, Windows XP, FS2004, FSUIPC 3.96

FS Autostart 1.1 (Build 11), FS Navigator 4.6, UT, FE, GE, REX, PMDG, Level-D, PSS, etc.

For the reason Jonathan explained you can't use the GF-166 as NAV radio but it does function as a COM-radio (perfect on VATSIM).As for the RP48 and the older MCP, you can use them to control virtually all of the functions on the MCP. But you have to use the key mapper software from goflight together with the available key assignments for the PMDG birds. You won't get any LED read outs on the Goflight MCP, but you will be able to change the values and control the modes. It's workable but not really smooth and that's why I bought a CPFlight MCP together with an EFIS control unit and these two works perfectly with PMDG.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------