Sign in to follow this  
johanv39

Problem on Exit from FSX PMDG 744X & 744FX

Hi GuysHere's my problem. I have a good high-end machine with 2Gig Corsair Gaming RAM and a Geforce 8800GTX GPU with a Intel 6600 Core2 Duo Processor and a Intel Bad Axe Extreme 2 Mother Board. I'm running FSX under Windows Vista Ultimate with all latest updates and drivers installed.I loaded the FSX 744F at KSEA parked at S10 Parking. I then loaded the default cold & dark panel config and started running through the procedures as per manual. I then took off and had a good 2 hour flight doing some sight seeing around Seattle and the returned to Seattle with no problems whatsoever.On exiting the flight I got the error message as attached in the 2 pics. Part 1 & 2. This caused me to have to shut down FSX and start all over again.Is this a know issue with Vista or PMDG, and if so, do we have a solution yet??Johan ViljoenCape Town

>Hi Guys>>Here's my problem. >>I have a good high-end machine with 2Gig Corsair Gaming RAM>and a Geforce 8800GTX GPU with a Intel 6600 Core2 Duo>Processor and a Intel Bad Axe Extreme 2 Mother Board. I'm>running FSX under Windows Vista Ultimate with all latest>updates and drivers installed.>>I loaded the FSX 744F at KSEA parked at S10 Parking. I then>loaded the default cold & dark panel config and started>running through the procedures as per manual. I then took off>and had a good 2 hour flight doing some sight seeing around>Seattle and the returned to Seattle with no problems>whatsoever.>>On exiting the flight I got the error message as attached in>the 2 pics. Part 1 & 2. This caused me to have to shut down>FSX and start all over again.>>Is this a know issue with Vista or PMDG, and if so, do we have>a solution yet??>>Johan Viljoen>Cape TownBROTHER!!! :-)YOU ARE NOT ALONE!I am SOOOOO happy to FINALLY see another customer post with my exact problem:Johan, see this thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search wherein I describe going through your EXACT problem. PMDG are aware of it, but it helps that you too can step up and also indicate the problem.For me, it only happens with the F version. I too have a fairly high-end machine with many of the same details as your machine: Windows Vista Ultimate, Intel X6800 dual-core, 4Gig of PC6400 RAM, Radeon HD 2900XT (1 GB or DDR4 Ram on this card), FSX is installed on a RAID-0 array with 2 150GB 10,000 RPM Raptor drives.Please also send a support email to PMDG and let them know about your thread and my thread. Those of us with this problem need to stick together and remain persistent as PMDG have made it clear to me that the bugs that matter most are those which are most evident and have the widest effect.Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Johan,As a test, please confirm that it happens for you with the 747-400F model only and not the Pax version. From your description, it is the F, but if your problem is the same as mine own, you'll find that it only happens with the F version and not the Pax.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

We're still looking into this guys - just close the box and try to deal with it until we figure it out. It's only a handful of machines we're seeing reports of this with and problems like that can take forever to figure out the cause of...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Just in case it helps, despite appearances, this may not necessarily be a PMDG problem,at least exclusively. On my PC, FSX with Accel pack crashes after flying the Level-D 767. This started to happen recently, after I'd done a complete re-installation (which improved performance, incidentally) and later added FSInn and FSCopilot. I am not knocking those applications: I think they are excellent. But maybe they (or other applications using similar techniques, perhaps with simconnect) do not play nicely with Accel pack.In my case, I doubt whether it can be a problem with the PMDG 747X because I haven't got round to re-installing it yet. I suppose there might be a trace of it left somewhere, but I was pretty careful to wipe out all remnants before my reinstallation.Tim

Interesting.... I too have this problem when running under Vista.However, NOT WITH MY 744s, but only with the LDS767

Hi Tim,I have been working this problem quite a bit so one of the tests I did was to see if the problem existed with just FSX SP1 installed and no ACCEL. The problem happened under SP1 as well.I do see somewhat of a trend afoot with Vista - this is not good news and PMDG may not be as willing to support this OS (well, that is what the manual says).Jeff

Jeff Bea

Phil,Very interesting. I do see that the commonality across these problems is Vista.Jeff

Jeff Bea