Sign in to follow this  
LANCER

Best flight planner and all-in-one utility for 747X?

Hello,I am a fairly novice simmer and have been going through the manuals for the 747X. It is a great add-on.I have a few questions which will hopefully alleviate some of my confusion:1. Which flight planner software do you all use which is able to exprot .rt2 plans and fully compatible with 747X?2. When I generate a flight, how can I still utilize FSX ATC so that it matches the (3rd party generated) flight plan?3. What is the procedure you guys utilize to plan a flight from scratch? For example, 1. Use Navigraph (or other) to generate the flight. 2. Export as a .rt2 for PMDG 3. Start FSX & create flight 4. Load previously generated flight into FMC 5. Plan a FSX flight? or just go to the origin airport and let the aircraft fly itself?I know it's a lot of questions and even though I'm starting to get the hang of it, I'm confused as to some steps. I can fly it without the ATC, but I kinda like the feedback I get.Thank you in advance.Best Regards,Chris Hoesel

Answers to your post below with each question (right or wrong, just what I know)...Hello,I am a fairly novice simmer and have been going through the manuals for the 747X. It is a great add-on.I have a few questions which will hopefully alleviate some of my confusion:Q1. Which flight planner software do you all use which is able to exprot .rt2 plans and fully compatible with 747X?A1. I use FS Build (payware)Q2. When I generate a flight, how can I still utilize FSX ATC so that it matches the (3rd party generated) flight plan?A2. As above, I use FS Build, export it into PMDG flight plans folder and also to FS flight plans. Set up FMC and then use FSX ATC to request clearance, etc. Only thing is that the FMC can follow SIDS/STARS whereas FSX doesn't have them, so you can't fly them to arrive or depart, but the rest of the flight plan should work in-flight.Q3. What is the procedure you guys utilize to plan a flight from scratch? For example, 1. Use Navigraph (or other) to generate the flight. 2. Export as a .rt2 for PMDG 3. Start FSX & create flight 4. Load previously generated flight into FMC 5. Plan a FSX flight? or just go to the origin airport and let the aircraft fly itself?A3. See above - I copy flight plans from VATPAC or other recommended flight plans or sometimes use FS Build to generate a flight plan.I know it's a lot of questions and even though I'm starting to get the hang of it, I'm confused as to some steps. I can fly it without the ATC, but I kinda like the feedback I get.Thank you in advance.Best Regards,Chris Hoesel

Well done Chris. One comment I may add. As far as ATC is concerned I would recommend Radar Contact instead of the MSFS ATC. Even better try to fly online with VATSIM or IVAO.Best...

Just one comment:On exporting a SID or STAR to FS and the FMC from FSB, those procedures are converted to individual waypoints. In loading ther .rt(x) file into the FMC these procedures are included in the flight plan in both the FMC and in FS so the procedure waypoints are in synch between the FMC and ATC.If I am emulating a real world route in FAA jurisdiction I paste the route map from flightaware.com into the FSB route field. If a SID or STAR is included I might have to adjust the procedure name slightly to match the procedure database in FSB so it will properly expand.

Chris,The route creation process is well supported by RoutePlanner which can be accessed from within FSBuild or standalone at http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ and can then be cut/pasted into FSB's route line very easily.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx