Sign in to follow this  
VS0

PMDG 747 X Please help me !!!

helloi am new to the pmdg 747 and so far i must say it is an EXCELLENT addon and well worth getting.But i have a slight problemfor the moment i would like to fly with gps from A to B is there a way a can assign a button to open the GPS or find out the heading i need to get from A to B?or can i promgram the fmc to tell me information i need for the flight because i have followed a guide and it sais turn on the LNAV and VNAV and the plane will fly there but my LNAV and VNAV will not light up at all.i just want simple flights until i have the time to learn the advanced fmc programming.im sorry if this has been answered a million times before but i have looked and not found the answer anywhere so im hoping the knowledge of the guys and gals here on the avsim forums can help me.any help is much appreciated.Richy Gibson

Guest flybywire380

The 744 does not have a GPS window you can use, your flight path is on your CRT MAP display. as far as getting from point A to B on the FMC type in the origin and destination then hit activate then hit execute. that should give you a straight line. if it doesnt then on the route page that tells you your origin and destination hit next page then type in the airports there then activate then execute.

ok thanks alot i will give it ago and keep trying and trying until i get itcheersRichy Gibson

>ok thanks alot i will give it ago and keep trying and trying>until i get it>cheers>Richy GibsonThat's the way to do it Richy, there's a lot to learn with this addon but that's the fun. I'm sure as you learn more you'll get more and more satisfaction from it and realise it was worth every cent you paid :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Richy,If you can get your hands on a back issue of Computer Pilot, there is an excellent, illustrated, step by step 5 page tutorial on programming the FMC. It's very simple, very quick, and will get you in the air in no time!Check out Computer Pilot: August 2006: Volume 10: Issue 8: Page 78: "The Computer Display Unit: A guided tour of the CDU" by Mike Ray.You can actually buy all of 2006's issues by download for only $11.88 through this link: http://www.pcaviator.com/dlstore/product.p...t=23&bestseller or the August, 2006 issue by mail for $3.00 at this link http://www.computerpilot.com/content.php?pid=4&mid=104Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

ok well guys and girlsi took your advice and i will say it nowthis plane is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!i can fly from A to B no problemsmy problem before was there were no waypoints programmed for my flightbut now i can do itso thanks alotmuch appreciatedRichy