Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Using PMDG panel with other a/c?

Is there a way to use the PMDG 737NG panel with the default B737-400, instead of Microsoft's rather feeble attempt? I assume, having bought the PMDG product there are no legal reasons why I should not do this?? (if there are, PMDG please explain and I will desist!).I realise that not all functions will work as with the PMDG models, but as long as all essential operations (e.g. APR mode) are there, that'd be fine. Just putting a copy of the PMDG panel in the default folder doesn't work - I lose the 2D panel when I try to open the overhead panel for instance.I notice that one or two payware a/c (like PSS) do give instructions on their site how to configure their panels for use with (say) iFDG planes. Be nice if I could do this with the PMDG 737 panel...Martin :-)

No, our panels require our custom gauges and will not work with any other product.

Guest nicam

Why would you want to use the pmdg panel with the default 737? Are you not happy with the PMDG AC model? Do you think the default AC is better?Michael

Pete, fair enough."Why would you want to use the pmdg panel with the default 737? Are you not happy with the PMDG AC model? Do you think the default AC is better?".. Michael - your sarcasm is misplaced: you surely realise there's no PMDG 737-400 (or 200/300/500)- "only" the (excellent) 737-600/700/800/900 .. they are not the same a/c you know..M.

Far better option than the hopeless MS default panel though, surely? In the end I have cobbled together the best parts of some freeware panels for my 734s, comparing to real-world pics, to get the best balance between realism and functionality. Ended up with a pretty good panel...