Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Using keyboard to enter FMC data

Have looked through manual and on line and (although I KNOW it's there someplace...) I can't find out how to enter FMC information using the computer keyboard. Using the PMDG 747-400 FSX panel. There must be a way. Can someone give me a hint?!?By the way, was out of flightsim for about 5 years after a couple of heart attacks and was dissapointed to find that FSX did not support the old Top Avionics 747-400 panel... then I found PMDG. Much BETTER than Top Avionics and, when combined with FS2Crew, an absolutely intriguing and challenging passtime.Thanks PMDG!Jeff EvansRocklin, California, USA

Click on the black bar to the right of the J, O, Y, keys. Now you can use the keyboard. Don't forget to click on it again after programming the FMC or wierd this will happen (or I've heard). BTW this is for the 737. I assume it's the same for the 747 but I don't have the QoS.Jim D.a.k.a. ilovetofly

Thanks, Jim. Still can't find it in the manual or online.Regards,Jeff

I don't know if it is in the PMDG manual, but it is in Timothy Metzinger's tutorial.BTW, you're welcome.Jim D.