Sign in to follow this  
Guest k7kdh

747-400X Freighter

Guest k7kdh

While camping at the gate I thought it might be fun to open up all the doors on the freighter model. Using the drop down menu, I selected cargo and assigned the shift+ keys to open every door , tailstand , ect. . So far the only thing that works is the passenger stairs and the tailstand. No doors will open. Shift+E and 1 or 2 dos'nt work either. Shift+E and 1 and 2 work with all other aircraft. ThanksKevin Hite AMT http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Hi there,For the freighter cargo doors to open the aircraft must have "power" from various sources! Can not tell you out of my head what power sources preciesly must be "online" but if you run the APU and activate them the doors must go open!The correct answer must be somewhere in the manual.I see you have the X-version, i only own the FS9-version, but am sure it is the same story!

Opening the nose door requires BOTH sides of the a/c to have power AVAILABLE- i.e. APU, Ground or a combination if needed. Once that is done, make sure there is a keystroke recorded in the PMDG menu for NOSE or ALL CARGO and you should be successful. Let us know how you make out.....Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png