Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

PMDG and Active Sky

Guest Alias

Hi,I'm having a strange problem. I have noted that when I use Active Sky X with the 747 and strong wind (but not unreal) she can hardly keep the HDG commanded. She struggles and swings left and right to catch the heading to no avail.Anyone with this issue? I have tried a search in the forum but I can't get this utility to work on my PC.ThanksLorenzo

Yeah, there's much to discuss but it has been in the HiFi forum next door.Get the latest FSUIPC4 download for registered users (4.4.222) from Pete's forum (http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=55488). He's making significant progress taming FSX winds (it's not an ASX problem, and their wind smoothing attemps are not a solution).I flew a bit with the 747X between KSEA-KSFO with actual winds aloft swinging 90 deg... set the module to 1 kt/deg change per 3 sec., and it seemed to be working as good as I've seen FSX perform. More testing is warranted, and Pete likes feedback.

Dan Downs KCRP

Reminds me of a Where's Waldo... I give up.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Alias

OK, I just wanted to know if that was normal. I mean I have tried in identical conditions with other add-ons but they track exactly the magenta line.ThanksLorenzo

I have the same problem. Autopilot cannot compansate the wind?? I thought that it always try to maintain proper heading. Is it normal?Matyas Majzik

this looks right to me, the aircraft will track the magenta line if you have a magenta line but you dont have one set up here so the auto pilot is just following the heading and drifting sideways. I thing you are confusing the magenta heading bug with the magenta linekav