Sign in to follow this  
Guest planeman223

GeForce 8800 GT Settings

Guest planeman223

Can anyone tell me how to get the best performance out of my Graphics Card and Intel Duo 8400 Processor. I have 2 gigs of DDR2. I need to know which individual settings need to be set to what levels. I would really appreciate any input you can provide.Thanks,Alex

Alex,when I got my 8800 GT I followed the advices you find in this thread: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=265795&page=So get Nhancer and use the information in the thread to set it up. The 8800 GT really is an amazing card considering it's price. I had an ATI X850XT before which really is no slouch, but the visual appearance improved tremendously with the Nvidia card!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

use 8XS AA under combined, gamma correction checked, AF 16X. You don't need to check super-transparency AA because that already happens as part of the 8XS mode.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest planeman223

Thanks guys,How many frames are you getting with these kind of settings?How much memory do you have?Processor?Thanks a lot, just trying to get the most out of my game. :-)Alex

Alex,I have an Core2Duo E6600 with 2 GB of RAM and using Windows XP. However, I don't think it's useful to tell you my fps since we probably have very different settings that affects the performance of the sim. For instance, I run with 100% ai and have LOADS of it and I also use very high settings for the clouds and have weather created by Activesky. Suffice to say, I gained probably some 5-10 fps compared to my previous ATI X850XT card, but the visual quality is definitely way higher.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>Alex,>>With the 744 in FS9 I see 50-100FPS most of the time at>1920X1200, FSX is more like 20-40.On the ground?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest planeman223

Thanks for the replies:I have almost finished tweaking but I still have lines in my sky of different shades of blue. What do I need to adjust to get rid of this last issue?Alex P.