Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

Odd issue- 744x

Guest tcable

FSX SP2, DX9 mode (ATI card if that matters) running under XP- kinda implies dx9 doesn't it?Anything I Can click is fine. I push, and try to start as I have numerous (maybe even hundreds!) of times in the past.I get four stable engines. All looks good.Problem 1)Then I either try to apply flaps- the upper EICAS shows the commanded setting (usually flaps 10 in my case) but no application of flaps- Yes I have bleed and Hydraulics- verified on the lower EICAS. The flap lever does not show flaps 10 (even though I've commanded by keystroke)Problem 2)Command thrust- either by keystroke or throttle axis. Thrust levers move, no thrust applied. They stay at idle.I am running ASX remotely via simconnect on a second PC. That's the only change that I can see.Any ideas?I'm getting ready to replace this system anyhow. A brand new Quad running Vista as soon as the Q9450 arrives, so this is not a big deal. Just thought I'd explore it here :)Tim

>FSX SP2, DX9 mode (ATI card if that matters) running under>XP- kinda implies dx9 doesn't it?>>Anything I Can click is fine. I push, and try to start as I>have numerous (maybe even hundreds!) of times in the past.>>I get four stable engines. All looks good.>>>Problem 1)>Then I either try to apply flaps- the upper EICAS shows the>commanded setting (usually flaps 10 in my case) but no>application of flaps- Yes I have bleed and Hydraulics->verified on the lower EICAS. The flap lever does not show>flaps 10 (even though I've commanded by keystroke)>>Problem 2)>>Command thrust- either by keystroke or throttle axis. Thrust>levers move, no thrust applied. They stay at idle.>>I am running ASX remotely via simconnect on a second PC.>That's the only change that I can see.>>Any ideas?>>I'm getting ready to replace this system anyhow. A brand new>Quad running Vista as soon as the Q9450 arrives, so this is>not a big deal. Just thought I'd explore it here :)>>Tim>This may be the battery drain issue that was addressed earlier by a patch. If you have FSUIPC paid version, you can try turning on infinite battery power to see if it fixes this. After your engines start, do you see visual confirmation from the outside view?- John

Another idea, although John might have it, is the FSX advanced animations bug. Are you reloading an existing engine variant?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest tcable

Both good ideas, but I'm fully patched and i have the answer!I had a simconnect client on my FSX PC as well as on my 'client' laptop for running ASX etc.Removed the simconnect client form the FSX system, and all is well again.