Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Cause of violent wind changes?

Yep, that's right PITMN. I am most interested in your experience along the BKE-MLD segment of the route. That is where I am having violent shifts and eventually a crash.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Just passing MLD now. Getting spurious wind fluctuations that bounces my IAS around just a little bit, but nothing terible. No CTD yet! Did you modify your boot.ini with the userva switch? If not running SP2/Accel, did you use the hack to set large_address_aware on the fsx.exe file? You might be running into OOOM conditions. I am also running GEX, UTX, FSG, along with the other stuff I mentioned.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I am using Vista 64 bit so the userva is not necessary any more. OS sees all 4GB of RAM. I am running Acceleration, so the large_address_aware flag is set, I even double checked with CFF Explorer. I just completed 2 flights with smoothing off, and no crash. I will try again tomorrow with smoothing on again. The crash that I get is a exception in the ntdll.dll module, and they didn't start popping up until last week, when I started testing the new betas. This is getting really frustrating. I am also using GEX, UTX, FSG and FEX. One thing you didn't mention in your post is if you are using the wind smoothing in ASX? I did not like the way it set the winds, so I have turned it off. I think Dan Downs isn't using it as well. I was getting some strange winds with it on, like jetstreams going east to west, plus I didn't like the way it changed my destination airport surface winds.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant