Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

Cause of violent wind changes?

What is the current thinking about the cause of the violent wind changes? And any ideas as to when they might be fixed?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

FSX weather engine... totally out of our control. It's something that ACES is going to have to solve in FS11 hopefully.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,No hope of an FSX SP shortly?Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

i have this fsuipc and i still get terrible wind shifts from asxkav

Many thanks, Dan.Silly me, I had dismissed using the FSUIPC4 route with ASv6.5. Will try it. Otherwise I was stuck in KSFO using ASX. WideFS7 should also let me get back online with SB3.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Hi kav.I believe ASX only interfaces with DirectConnect. So you have to use ASv6 which uses FSUIPC4 to interface with DirectConnect.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Actually, Pete's facilities are working on the internal FSX weather variables, so it is changing the data after ASX writes it. The latest Beta seems to be helping out for me. I still get wind shifts, but they are not as violent as before. Now, the pressure jumps are driving me mad. I have had the pressure change from 30.44 to 29.78 instantly on downwind, then jump back up to 30.44 on final.Kylehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Thanks for the correction, Kyle.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Just did my first flight with the 744X, ASXsp2, and Pete's latest beta v4.224, which as of this version, now also includes a beta version of barometric smoothing.Now, with default ASX settings and FSUIPC v4.224 (wind-smoothing set to 2sec/degree-change), I was still getting violent shifts, especially on climb-out and cruise. In ASX settings, I then set max wind-shear and cloud-icing to zero, and max cloud turbulance to very low. The rest of the flight, including the full VNAV descent, was nice and smooth, with winds from the proper directions and velocities.Flight was LAX to SEA around 2pm PST yesterday with live ASX weather.Hope to test again tonight.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

>What is the current thinking about the cause of the violent>wind changes? And any ideas as to when they might be fixed?>Cheers, RichardFor me the main causes are a high-fibre diet, plus curry and real ale.Sorry, I've had a silly day today. No offence intended :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Thanks Al! It's good news that he has added pressure smoothing.I have always had to keep the turbulence settings low, the simulated turbulence is very "unrealistic."That latest beta must of been put up last night after I checked for an update. I've got a real flight tonight and cycle 0802 is up at the FAA NACO site so there's going to be several days before I can play with the improvements.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yea, if you read my thread on Pete's forum about a "Flaps Conflict", in the last entry he mentions barometric smoothing as well. It was shortly after this post that up'd 4.224, although he hadn't changed the version heading at the top of the FSX latest beta thread. But the download link will pull 4.224.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi Al,Should I be able to set up with my FSX under Vista with FSUIPC4.224 and ASX, and on my other PC with XP run SB3 and WideClient? At present the connection is made by WideClient but SB3 won't connect through it.Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

>Hi Al,>>Should I be able to set up with my FSX under Vista with>FSUIPC4.224 and ASX, and on my other PC with XP run SB3 and>WideClient? >>At present the connection is made by WideClient but SB3 won't>connect through it.>>Cheers, RichardHi Richard,You should be able to run FSX, ASX, & FSUIPC on the same PC. You'll need the registered version of FSUIPC for any of the advanced features, including wind smoothing. Remeber, the wind and barometric smoothing are all beta features at best. If you have the deluxe version of FSX, you can use the simmconnect that comes with the FSX SDK utility on the wide-client PC and run ASX from there, like I do. From the client PC, I run ASX & XPax over simconnect and Radar Contact and FS Real Time over WideFS (wide-client) simultaniously.Sorry, I can not speak intelligently about SB3 as I have never used it.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE