Sign in to follow this  
spesimen

Performance difference between PMDG747 and FSX Stock

Hello,I am a new user to the PMDG747 for FSX, it is pretty amazing how much better the flight model feels compared to the default 747 which I've been flying, and I'm really looking forward to digging in to the manuals and learning the FMC. The attention to detail is awesome!In a few initial test flights where I took 'er up and just kinda flew around to get a feel for the changes, I noticed that my fps runs around 7-10fps lower than with the default 747.Is this typical behavior from the extra stuff going on under the hood with the PMDG model? I messed with the fps settings for the instruments but it didn't seem to have a significant effect, at 5 or 75 there was maybe a 1fps average change to the sim framerate. It kind of feels like it is chugging on the aircraft model itself? Is there a way to turn off the seat models and interiors for instance? Or do they get culled anyway and should not be a performance drain? Is there an FSX setting specific to lowering the aircraft detail like turning off self-shadowing or such that anyone has had success with speed improvements?Anyway I was just curious if anyone else noticed this and maybe had setup tips. I used to get around 25-35fps in most areas but now it's like 15-25 and a little slow for my tastes. It's not a huge deal since i'm staring at knobs, instruments and pdfs most of the time in this thing lol.. Using FSX sp1, XPsp2, nvidia 8800GT 512, 2gig ram, 10k drives, core2duo2ghz.Cheers,Andy Crosby

The lower framerate is normal.Check the PMDG OPS Wiki section, there are some performance tips that help the panel frame rate (especially the dirty region, etc).

Dan Downs KCRP