Sign in to follow this  
Kimber

Really odd graphics

HelloI have been using FSX for about 24 hours now and of course the first thing I did was download PMDG

Now that must be why they don't sell aircrafts as DIY kits! :-DSorry Kimberly but I don't have a clue what's happening. It looks funny though.Cheers,

Might be a Graphics card memory or heat issue?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

HelloNope, the heat in a PC is with in parameters (57oC or below).I have rolled back to a restore point to start again. Joy ;o)But in the mean time, if anyone else has any idea

Kimberly,Maybe you should shoot support an email (make sure you get an automated response back so you know the channels are open) and get a run down on this? From other responses earlier in this forum I would venture to say this is a video card issue of some sort.Hope it helps,

HelloTried removing everything and starting again.Odd thing is, when I was just using FSX with the basic aircraft all is okay, can't get it to go wrong.However the very minute I added PMDG's software it then did the same again, straight away. Its very odd indeed.I emailed support before so I shall await their reply.Kimberly.

Are you running FSX in full screen or windowed mode? There's definitely issues with alt-tabbing out of full screen mode - it flat out crashes FSX for me when I do that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest SkullxBones

I alt-enter out of full screen and never have problems.

HelloI run in full screen mode. I have noticed that if the problem happens in full screen mode and I switch to window'd mode on FSX std aircraft it resolves the issue. However once the PMDG aircraft have done their 'thing' (engines in the middle etc) then there is no getting it back to normal.To confirm I have FSX and PMDG on my system, thing else...Thanks for your help guysKimberly RJ.

Guest Erups

What operating system are you using?What Catalyst drivers version?I suppose you are stretching it a bit.The 8500 belongs to a generation long forgotten.After the 8000 came the 9000 then the x1000, the x2000 and the x3000Consider each of these spanned about a year and a half...And you can guess how old this thing is.I reckon ATI pulled official support from their drivers a long time ago for the 8xxx series.And if you're trying this with Vista and DX10...Well it's you calling for it ;)And i might add that, among the 8000 series, the 8500LE wasn't the top.So maybe it's just the card that, be it for it's raw power or the drivers, can't cope with what you're asking.It may also be a heat problem as the heat on the video card is not detected by the motherboard (at least not for your model).If it gets too hot, glitches star to appear.And that may well be the case.