Sign in to follow this  
Guest Buran

GPS

Guest Buran

Is there something like the old GPS in the PMDG 747 and 747f?Thanks

Please sign your name in this forum."Old" GPS meaning like the imitation Garmin in MSFS? Heavens, no, thank goodness. You've got much more to work with in the PMDG products, and more to the point, they're much more like the real thing.I have nothing against Garmin, I use 'em in the C414 I fly but the flight management systems in the heavy iron is amazing. Have you tried it, or is there a problem you're having?

Dan Downs KCRP

Buran,I see that your new here which is why you probably asked this question?The PMDG747 is and has been designed to fully replicate the real thing.It uses what is known as an 'FMC' Flight Manegement Computer, which guides the aircraft from take-off to landing.It's not easy to learn how to operate it but it's possible and many people here have mastered it.Your looking at a 'top of the line' product here which is only for hardcore simmers. If you do not fall into this category, I suggest that you start off with an aircraft that is easier to master and work your way forward before shelling out your hard earned money on this baby. ;)Having said that it contains a very good manual and if your into reading, go ahead and buy it but don't mention 'GPS' again on this forum please?It makes PMDG die-hards, vomit. :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

"Is there something like the old GPS in the PMDG 747 and 747f?"No, but on the real aircraft, there is the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System. This adds a bit of colour to the displays with contour maps... and makes it more like a "GPS" system. Some versions even include obstacles on the display (radio towers, etc).The die-hard fans must "vomit" every time they fly real aircraft with Enhanced GPWS :-roll Cheers.Q> イアン