Sign in to follow this  
Guest sunbear

PMDG's Next Aircraft After the MD-11 & NGX

haha, I second that Carl!I don't think there is a 777 out there that exhibits realism that appeals to me (and probably you too Carl) to be honest.. If one were to materialise I'd be sure to buy it. The triple 7 is probably my second favourite aircraft besides the 747-400 (which will explain what I'm about to say a lot), and with a 777 my time might get split 60/40 with the 747, but these days I very rarely use any other addon than the queen really, much to the dispair of one of my friends in particular.Another wish list post, let's hope it doesn't get out of hand..For me.. I'd love to see a 747-400ER and 747-400LCF added to the update options for the current 747X. Along with further updates making them even more accurate than they already are (with additional functionality added). Would be fantastic to get the extra functionalities within the displays and also the different exterior model for the LCF. I think that would make the whole suite complete then, and really be the icing on the cake! That's really all I'd want and I'd be willing to part with good money for it.. :)But, alas, there are a lot of other people besides me who want other things that probably appeal more widely than my somewhat narrow minded blinkered requests lol..A320, A330, A340B737 NG 2.0MD-11I like all these suggestions, I'm more a heavy metal long haul flyer than short haul small jet. But never really been an Airbus fan, always swayed towards the Boeing aircraft, but saying that would like a go at the A330 or A340..Another suggestion I'd make, politely, is that PMDG should consider making their own VA. That way they could create a real active ACARS system for all their aircraft, a MASSIVE selling point I think... :)CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Hi allWell i think we need to look at this realisticly, look how long it is taking to get each release out since FSX came onto the scene. It seems as great as FSX is for many things, it is so badly flawed in many other ways, making it very hard for both aircraft designers and scenery designers to implement some of the features that we have grown to love in FS9 products.Scenery designers are going mad with the problems they now have to create some of the specials they put into their previous sceneries, take a look at the UK2000 site, Gary is now releasing FSX pure coded sceneries and they have less features in them than the old ones, yes FSX gives us default amoving and docking airbridges, but they cant be edited to represent what they look like at the airport.I use FSX al the time now, because the extra features and graphics that do work are much better than FS9, but to me FSX really is not one of the best releases, just look really at how few add-ons are now available for it even though its now been out for some years. Its not just because they changed the interface so older products dont work, thats fine if what they changed it with then allowed people easily to re-develop and do even more but it hasnt. So in my mind we need FS11 very soon so everyone can get back to being able to properly develop like they did for FS9. Take a look at things like crysis thats where FS should be at, an engine that developers can easily intergrate with and take advantage of the hardware thats out now and future hardware.So with this in mind, unlike FS9 the time needed to develop each aircraft is massive so where as we could have probably seen a 737,a320 and 777 in the same time we will be lucky to get the 737 before talk of fs11 comes out and I srongly believe that none of the present FSX stuff will work with FS11. But we may be lucky and get a 737 and one other product, which to me PMDG should look to a more diverse market. Like many have said there are many Airbus developments already in progress, and by the time PMDG get round to starting it they will be out and probably on SP2 so really dont think they should bother until FS11. I think PMDG should develop something different, 777 are nice but just another heavy that not much different than what we already got, 767, 747 etc.. but we are lacking in good, regional or business jet's. I love flying long haul heavys, but fun everynow and then to zoom off on a short haul hop into some of the regional airports, or a bit of low level flying. So I would love to see them do something like a Gulfstream 5, a E145, e195, C750X or even a good CRJ, and then get back to the more commercial heavys when FS11 comes out.To me PMDG should use then any other time while we await FS11 to add functionality to the present range, so make the cockpits more user friendly to cockpit builders, add functions like ACARS, WX radar, more features in the FMC, better load managers, perhaps networked gauges etc.. All things that would be good development practice for when FS11 comes around. The biggest thing I think with how I see simming going is the use of more hardware to controll how sims, people now have more than one PC, many now run online using networked PCs and the cost of things like MCP's and other control cards is becoming cheaper and easier to use, that is to me what PMDG need to harness and take advantage of to make their sims more than just a mouse clickable "Game.RegardsJames

What really would be nice is to see a Flight Simulator developed by PMDG, I think that'd make a lot easier for them make their own add-ons, who knows! Leo Soares

"For me.. I'd love to see a 747-400ER and 747-400LCF added to the update options for the current 747X. Along with further updates making them even more accurate than they already are (with additional functionality added). Would be fantastic to get the extra functionalities within the displays and also the different exterior model for the LCF. I think that would make the whole suite complete then, and really be the icing on the cake! That's really all I'd want and I'd be willing to part with good money for it.."I agree Craig- I'd love for the existing line (744, 737 and MD-11) to be concentrated on and improved on a cycle basis. I'd especially like for PMDG to develop an update to incorporate the soon to be produced 747-8. I for one would have no problem with paying for an update each time. That way, if you were totally happy with the current platform (which is no slouch) then you were done, but if you wanted more systems modeling and accuracy, then you paid for it. With Microsoft branching out into the PC training software system perhaps there will now be more interest in a fully faithful simulation.....we can hope......Robert- are you listening??? :) Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper