Sign in to follow this  
veshagoo

not in database

hi..im a newbie just downloaded pmdg 747-400. my problem..when i open the fmc and put in ...ksea.... the fmc says..not in database....i have nothing for any airport...any help would be appreciated..rgds

747400.jpg

Ms/Mr Regards,Welcome to the PMDG community. Please take a minute to read the forum guidelines. You need to sign your posts with your name.Your description of your problem is *very* short and not as detailed as we would like to effectively help you. Please try to include as much information as possible for us to help you.Now. Where on the CDU (page andd LSK) are you trying to enter KSEA?Hope it helps,

The runway numbers at KSEA have changed, so it could be that the navdata/sidstar files are not of the same vintage. Both should be updated to the current cycle (0803). See PMDG OPs wiki section for more info and where to get this info: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS

Dan Downs KCRP

hi...i would like to fly the tutorial flt from kbfi to kmwh...i start the aircraft up it is running, i pull up the fmc, i hit fmc and it opens to pos init....i type in kbfi and put in , i think, L2, where it says...ref airport,...in the scratchpad at the bottom it says...not in data base... so i try to put in ksea, same thing, i put in ksfo,...still...not in database....i cannot get past this page....could this be a problem in the navdata, or the lesson itself..it is ...pmdg 747-400 trc 1: startup....thanks for your consideration..rgds ken hanson

747400.jpg

Ken,Please try to use some decent punctuation. It is very hard to read your 'sentences'.This sounds like a problem with your nav data. Please confirm you have a FMCWPNavData folder in the %FSX-root%PMDG folder and that it contains files. ALso make sure you have a SIDSTARS folder in your %FSX-root%PMDG folder and that it is full of *.txt files. One file for each airport.Also check the link provided by Dan: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARSHope it helps,

Mats. Appreciate your help. i have all the files. They are in a PMDG 747-400 folder. Maybe i put them in a wrong folder. I went to the link provided by Dan a couple times. thanks again for your patience. rgds ken hanson

747400.jpg

Mats. I have just uninstalled and reinstalled the PMDG and now no more problems. It works like a charm. Thanks for your patience i appreciate it. rgds Ken Hanson

747400.jpg

Great Ken,I'm glad you got it up and running.Happy flying,