Sign in to follow this  

expensive freewares

The reason of this message is because some guys are flooding several e-mail addresses offering a 3CD pack with FS Freeware at $120.I presume that you, as freeware producers or users, should know this case. I think this one in particular is even worse because these guys are spamming and they have a homepage where you can see the contents of their "packs". Moreover, they don't state that they are selling freeware! Please check it out, their address is www.fsclub.com.arReading the prices I'm not afraid to promote the site!

Hi, Another Crap :-erks all files are all freeware available at avsim and flightsim.com as Freeware! including my clouds,Ttools and GMAX aircraft, Don Mosers scenery, water environement by Ed etc.. Illegal!ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Just another site that needs to be shut down. :(People are taking advantage of the fact that some people make these files for no profit. :'(

There's a few of mine as well (E-S3,P-3C,A-6E) and they don't have my permission to sell my "Freeware" aircraft! Anybody know if anything can be done about it? Rick Sasala

They do not state the author's names in their listings, but by the size of the file I believe theyve also inlcuded one of my ATR'sThey do not provide any contact info, but there is an email address at the end of the CD content list: comandante@fsclub.com.arPaco

>Anybody know if anything can be done about it?It may not do any good but the address www.fsclub.com.ar resolves to the ip address of:216.46.184.42and a Whois for 216.46.184.42 shows ...Internet Quality Services, Inc. (NETBLK-IQS-BLK-1) 3560 E. Russell Road Las Vegas, NV 89120 US Netname: IQS-BLK-1 Netblock: 216.46.160.0 - 216.46.191.255 Maintainer: INQU Coordinator: Pereda, Julio C. (JCP31-ARIN) hostmaster@WEBSTORAGE.COM 702 435 8233 (FAX) 702.435.8244_______________________________Good luck in resolving this problem.Brian

Yup, this is definitely a club for low-lifes. Might I suggest that the proper owners of the pirated works drop these guys a line saying that they have been discovered, and all materials and information has been handed over to the FBI and/or Interpol for investigation of software piracy. Then I suggest you do contact these agencies and let them deal with it. Software piracy is something that those agencies take a very dim viewpoint of. Just a suggestion, and good luck! If these guys do reside in the USA, then they are relatively easily "got".Glenn

Is it just me, or does that site look a LOT like Carenado's?Strikingly similar, I might add. So similar I'd venture a guess that they're somehow related.Wouldn't surprise me too much...

I live in Vegas so I will be at their front door first thing Monday morning as office hours are Mon-Fri (naturally)...Rick Sasala

Guest PackHorse01

Thanks Rick.......they have a few of my files on there as well. Keep us posted! I did fire off a few emails to the address listed, and they didn't bounce yet.banner1.gif

The "Hackers" Convention is here in town (Las Vegas) this weekend. Maybe I could get some of them to do us a favor???? Rick