Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

How to increase the Reverse Thrust?

Guest sanal

When I apply reverse thrust, always stays in idle power. How can I increase the reverse thrust to maximum available power? I tried clicked two times reverse thrust yoke button. It didn't increase the power. It works with 767. First yoke click gives idle power and second click increase the reverse power to 40%.ThanksSanal

Guest sanal

I am flying with PMDG-747. Sanal

Increasing reversre thrust would result in non-realistic behaviour of the aircraft which would be a shame.I think you have another problem.Best Regards,Bert.

There is a setting in each aircrafts aircraft.cfg called'min_throttle_limit' This has been defaulted to -0.25 which apparently I have read is a fraction of what real jets can do, and should be changed to .35 to .55 I have mine on -0.45 for the Airbus A321 and 737/747.--------------------------------------------------------------I have copied and pasted this from another thread.You must remember that PMDG will not support alterations except directly from them.But, It might satisfy your demands, bear in mind though that it will be unrealistic.

Dave Taylor gb.png

When you apply your reverse thrust are you holding down the button for R/T or are you just pushing it and letting it go?Holding it down should continuously increase the R/T up to a certain point. Just pushing the button will activate R/T but not increase power.

Guest sanal

THanks. That what I was looking for. It did work well.

Guest sanal

Dave,ThanksSanal

Guest sanal

Bert,There are certain conditions will require to get rid-off your excess air speed to avoid the plane over running the runway. One of the final options in real world flying, to stay on the Runway activate your available maximum reverse power thrust.Many years ago , some airlines were using high thrust reserve power for push back from Jet Ports . This practice later stooped, when they realized engines are subject to bad damage.Best RegardsSanal