Sign in to follow this  
Guest corrie

I cannot get it to work , cargo doors

Guest corrie

I have tried to open my cargo doors via the option setting doors in the PMDG menu bar on FSX , but the cargo doors doesn`t want to open. The only door that is working is number 1L with the Shift + E. option.I know I am doing something small wrong here. Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advanceJohan

If you read the manual,there are some suggestions for assigning keys for the cargo doors, stairs,cargo loaders etc.Since these may differ from user to user,you have to go through the procedure for this. Check the drop down menu for key assignments.Ron

Ron Service

To add to the previous reply,You need to setup the aircraft up correctly as well and it's all in the manual.Hope it helps,

Hi Johan,If ever you have a question like this, there is always a good chance you can find the answer in PMDG OPS, PMDG's online wiki based database of answers to common questions, tutorials, etc...You can find it by clicking on the SUPPORT tab on the main page of the PMDG web site (www.precisionmanuals.com).It is searchable as well.To save you the trouble, here is what you will find on the cargo doors:"One area that generates many questions is the operation of certain doors on the airplane that require electricity in order to operate. If you have the PMDG 747-400F installed, then you should note that it is imperative that you have the electrical system on the airplane correctly powered in order to operate the upper deck emergency access doors, the main deck nose and left side cargo door, and the lower lobe right side cargo doors. For the lower lobe cargo doors and the upper deck emergency escape doors to operate, the Ground Handling bus must be powered for the doors to operate. The Ground Handling Bus requires power for either EXT1 or APU1 to be AVAIL or ON, with fewer than 3 engines operating. (Yes, this is how the bus operates!) For the main deck cargo doors to operate , you must power to the Ground Service bus in order for the doors to operate. The Ground Service Bus requires that you have EXT2 or APU2 showing AVAIL in order to operate these doors. (Note: You must see AVAIL illuminated on the switch.)" Hope this helps.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/img/forum/sig_pmdg.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest corrie

Vin thanks you are a star.