Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavaricooper

Aerosoft MCP drivers- STATUS REPORT PLEASE!

Dear PMDG (and especially Lefteris):Could we have an update on the progress of the Aerosoft MCP drivers? Also, would you advise if you already have, or are able to take a look at the FS9 drivers- hopefully producing a cleaner, leaner and less performance impacting driver for FS9 as well? Finally, any idea on pricing?Thanks!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP2 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dear Carl-I realize the frustration you must be feeling on this topic. I share it.The release of any hardware drivers for FSX depends on the release of the Service Update that's imminent for the 747-400X. Once that comes out, there will be news soon afterwards.Best,

Understood! Thanks Lefteris!Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP2 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Dear Lefteris:I have made some subtle requests in other postings, but perhaps you are busy with the post-release tempest (in a teacup)......when you have a moment, would you please expound on the Aerosoft Driver issue? Also, you have at various times alluded to the ability to release a paid/updated set of drivers for the FS9 version. I have solved their inefficiencies (processor usage) by setting affinity for them on a separate core- but would love to see an update for them as well.I fully anticipate FS9 flourishing (and I using it- primarily or occasionally) at least until FSXI's release.....and even then, it's demise will depend on what it brings performance wise.Captains, if you are willing to PAY for a set of drivers, please post here. If you would like BOTH FSX and a FS9 update, please indicate that as well.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Carl,You already know that I would PAY for further 'tweaks' to the 744/F for FS9...I would also PAY for a 'less processor hungry' set of drivers for the Aerosoft MCP.But for the record here it is LOLBest Steve Bellpilotinfo.php?pid=0538&bg=b744