Sign in to follow this  
RPRIEVER

A few assorted 747-400X questions

Greetings all,I have a few questions about the 747-400X. I couldn't find the answers in the manual, so I'll let the dedicated forum readers provide them. 1) How do you adjust the clocks? I'm talking about the chrono clock pop-up, and also the UTC time in the FMC. I tried to change them to reflect the actual time, but couldn't figure out how to do it.2) Where exactly do I find the readout for oxygen quantity and pressure? Also, what is considered a normal or sufficient amount?3) For seatbelts, there is an "auto" option. What exactly does this do? Is it supposed to turn the seatbelt signs off/on at 10,000 feet? I tried that, but nothing happened, or at least nothing happened the way I thought it was supposed to. Appreciate anyone's help.Ron

>1) How do you adjust the clocks? I'm talking about the chrono>clock pop-up, and also the UTC time in the FMC. I tried to>change them to reflect the actual time, but couldn't figure>out how to do it.The UTC time in the FMC is provided by FS. Change the time in FS and you'll change the time in the FMC. Same for the clock.>2) Where exactly do I find the readout for oxygen quantity and>pressure? Also, what is considered a normal or sufficient>amount?In real life it would be on the status page but is isn't modeled in this aircraft.>3) For seatbelts, there is an "auto" option. What exactly does>this do? Is it supposed to turn the seatbelt signs off/on at>10,000 feet? I tried that, but nothing happened, or at least>nothing happened the way I thought it was supposed to. If the switch is in auto, the seatbelt signs will automatically turn off above 10,000ft. When descending below 10,000ft or if the cabin loses pressure, the signs will automatically turn on. Normally you will switch them to on at the gate and then auto when you feel it's smooth enough; either during the latter part of the climb or in the cruise.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Ryan,Just to clarify, isn't it 'desending though 10,000ft' OR 'flaps out of UP', whichever comes first? I thought I read that somewhere...Maybe it is a company option, I don't know.Subin.

>Ryan,>>Just to clarify, isn't it 'desending though 10,000ft' OR>'flaps out of UP', whichever comes first? I thought I read>that somewhere...>>Maybe it is a company option, I don't know.Oh, I never heard of that before but maybe it is whichever comes first. It would make sense that if your're dropping the flaps above 10,000, you plan to be landing very quickly.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

I thought I'd look it up. So in the AUTO position, the Fasten Seatbelts will illuminate when:* Landing gear not up and locked, or* Flap lever not up, or* Airplane altitude below 10,300 feet, or* Cabin altitude above 10,000 feet, or* Passenger oxygen onSo there are several events that trigger the light to go on.Subin