Sign in to follow this  
TheLurk

Need Help with External Power

Hello all first post on the forums for me :)searched the forum for my problem but havent found a solution...my problem is as followsusing the PMDG 744 and -400F version 1.20 for FS9 BEFORE the latest patch there was an option in the pmdgoptions.dll to permanently turn on external/ground power but AFTER i installed the patch to version 1.20 that feature disapeard from the menue somehow...so my question is: is there a way i can still turn on external power? or is there a way to get that option back into the options menue?thanks in advance and greetings from germanyTobi

That option was deleted- now it is always available. You just have to wait a bit- as in the RW it takes a couple of minutes after the PB is set and engines are cut, for the GP to establish. Be sure to select ELEC to APU1 and 2 before selecting the Cut-Offs. Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

hi carl thanks for your fast reply..thing is im standing in Rome at the gate for about 20min now with APU running but neither EXT PWR 1 nor 2 become available to activate i'm afraid im missing something hereengines are cut-off standby power is set to auto and the apu runs normal dunno what im doing wrong here mfg/brgdsTobi

Can you confirm that the parking brake is set to park. APU running, ELEC established on APU1 and APU2 Gen, and all 4 engines are cut-off?That ought to do it, you mentioned the Power was on Auto.... Let me know.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest poschrob

Under the options, you have to tick the EEC drive (or stg similar) tickbox as it is not ticked by default. I think it's under various.Rob

ticking the EDG Drive done the trick thanks a lot to both of you mfg/brgdsTobi

As far as I'm aware ticking the EDG drive was not what fixed your problem. It was the fact that you went into that part of the menu option. I have tested this a few times - you have choice of waiting for EXT1 and EXT2 to connect or going to that part of the PMDG menu (you will instantly get EXT power even if you click nothing) Rob

Rob Prest

Guest hangar744

Hi folks,things got EXTREMELY dangerous since the external power option got removed from the PMDG menu. Would someone please clarify the appropriate sequence to get 'em connected/disconnected.PS: I'm not really happy about this issue. I lost some authority over my GROUND HANDLING BUS. thanx in advance,delcom

I lost some authority over my GROUND HANDLING BUS. Not quite sure what you mean by this? Pre patch we had to go into PMDG, options, Various and click the Ground power option if you didn't want to wait. Now all you have to is go into options,various and exit back to the Sim and EXT1 + EXT2 will be available. And I'm sure you know how to disconnect.Rob

Rob Prest