Sign in to follow this  
Guest hrutila

Major 737-700 Issues

Guest hrutila

Hello,On a flight this evening from Orlando, FL to Mexico City (MMMX), I had one of the strangest experiences of my virtual flying career. To begin, my comms panel (aka radio stack) was completely frozen. I am still unable to change any COM, NAV, or ADF frequencies from the comms panel in flight. I have elected to avoid bad weather because of this and I am required to shoot a visual approach due to this strange bug. With this issue set aside, I was running through my landing checklist, when all of a sudden, my landing gear would not go down. The gear handle was clearly in the down position, however the pumps did not sound like they were working. I did not receive any annunciator information whatsoever. I tried numerous things to try and get my gear down. I put the handle in the neutral position, tried Shift+G to try and pump it myself, flew around in the pattern at different airspeeds and configurations to try and get the gear to come down, however, nothing worked. I then set the autopilot and ventured over to these forums to try and find a similar problem and, hopefully, an accompanying solution. After that failed, I decided it was time to ditch the plane in MMMX without gear. I re-opened flight simulator, but all of a sudden, my plane was on the ground on some open field with the gear down and engines idle. I went into the cockpit to find a complete electrical failure and a disconnected autopilot.My configuration:- FS2Crew, with no approach assistance. Everything was standard. I did my flows, "Jim" did his, and the checklists were completely followed.- It was a night flight, but this probably doesn't matter.- I was flying on VATSIM using the Sweatbox client.- Overspeeds did not occur.Any suggestions?

Hi Ms/Mr Nameless,>Any suggestions?Yes. First please sign all your posts with your real name per forum guidelines. It's always nice to know to whom one is talking.Second. This sounds like a dead battery issue. What version/s of the NG do you have installed? Generators online? Please advise.Hope it helps,

Guest hrutila

Will do. My name is Harold Rutila.I have just the -600/-700 package installed (legally, yes :) ).I had both generators online. The battery appeared to be working, I flipped it on and off a few times to see if that could help with the problems.-Harold Rutila

This is interesting. Here's an idea but it is way out there reaching for anything that makes sense: If you still have default FS keyboard assignments, delete the assignments for nav, comm, and anything else you don't use. I started doing that for both FS and FSX years ago and cut down on the unexplainable states that I would find myself in, especially that darn E key that selects engine 1 or 2 and then never again to give you throttle for both... same could happen if you selected comm or nav keys cause then the sim is waiting for you to select which one and it will wait and wait.Like I said, it's farfetched but it could explain it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest hrutila

Hahah yes, sometimes weird querks like that work. I'll try your suggestion. Here's a tip for you. To get both throttles back, press and hold E, in addition to 1 and 2 at the same time. It works for me every time. :)

Harold,This might be caused by either:1. A dead battery. Check your battery status on the overhead from the electrical display and turn the knob to BATT. If the voltage shows 0 you have drained the battery. You need to start a fresh NG session (no saved flight) to get battery back to life. And after that you need to make sure you get your generators online before the battery runs out. If you want to cheat and have a registered version of FSUIPC you can set the battery life to infinity in the Technical tab in FSUIPC.2. FS avionics switch OFF. You managed to turn off the FS avionics switch somehow. Once within the NG there's no switch hence you cannot turn it ON again. Either make sure you start a cessna with battery OFF, avionics ON. Or assign a key stroke to toggle the avionics switch from within FS key controls.Hope it helps,

Guest hrutila

The solution I'm currently using is turning the APU on mid-flight, turning one generator off for almost exactly 5 minutes, re-connecting the generator, and then turning the APU off. That's all that's worked for me. Hopefully when the 737NGX comes out, it won't be an issue. Thanks for all of your responses.-Harold Rutila VATSIM Instructor Denver ARTCC