Sign in to follow this  
Guest Topy

PMDG 744 for FS9 - Keeps turning

Guest Topy

Hi everyone,First of all a big thank you to the developpers who gave us this wonderful plane, and for the time they spend giving us support.I've been using PMDG 744 for FS9 for month now, and I got suddenly a big problem.I start flying, and during the flight, the plane doesn't follow the flight plane any more, and starts turning left then right etc ...Here is a screenshot of this nightmare: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/3/b/77ed0a275d79de...eebb2bfc7e.htmlI remember setting up the PSS B777 , didn't test it, went to holydays. I'm now back, and the problem happens now with my PMDG. I started with a flight from EGGL to LPPT, thought it was a simple bug, didn't take ss and tried another flight that was:My flight was from KLAX to MMPR with the following FP: MZB J1 TIJ UT4 LMM UJ3 MZT UJ12 TNYSame problem, it keeps turning round ...Even if I select the next wpt, it still goes round.Thank you in advance for your help, A sad simmer.

Check the EICAS STAT. It looks like the rutter might be out of allignment.

Guest Topy

Can you please tell me how to see this on the STAT page ?One more thing, this didn't happen on the first wpt. I was able to fly like an hour or so ...

On the top of the screen where I highlighted, click on the button labled EICAS. When the EICAS pops up, click on the other button I highlighted STAT. This will display the rutter, spoiler, and alerions positions... sorry if my typing isint the best.747copy.jpg

Guest Topy

Thanks for the explanation.I will try this tonite.As for the screen, I didn't take it at the right moment, but placed later the plane at the same altitude and with the same FP to see if the bug happened again. this is surely why rudder might not be good. Not sure.If rudder were not right, I would not have been able to t/o and pass some waypoints before this, am I right ?

Yes, I use the saitek X-52 and there are more than 1 control(s) for the rutter. You can go almost a whole flight with no issues, but if you move one of the rutter controls accidently this will happen.

The aircraft is in balance, which implies that the rudder isn't neccesarily the issue. Definitely check to be sure though.What we can't see in your screen shot are the autopilot modes active on the FMA (top of your Primary Flight Display)Also I notice that the total air temperature is only -6, that seems a little high considering your altitude and mach, I'm not sure if it's likely to be a factor but that is a little unusual.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Topy

Hi,The first thing I checked was that LNAV and RNAV were still engaged, by clicking on buttons.As far as I remember, modes were "speed" and "LNAV".The 2 times it happened, I was cruising and it suddenly appears. I don't know if it gives you an idea, but the 2 times, there were really heavy turbulences (I use Active sky). LNAV disengaged during them.. The turbulences stoped, I did re-engage LNAV and minutes later it starts turning. One more time, i don't know if there's a link or not with the bug.

Search for "turbulence" here- there are possible issues. If you are using FSUIPC, Pete has a beta version that helps. There are a lot of postings on this- and some thoughts as to what can be done to reduce/eliminate the problem. In the interim, supressing ALL turbulence works- not desirable, but it does eliminate the issues for now.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Gigabyte P35 DS3R | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 320GB WD Caviar RAID 0 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest Topy

Hi,Thanks very much for your help. I will try this. The only thing is that I use PMDG and Active Sky for months now, and that the problem suddenly occured without any change in the options ... Moreover, It occurs when there is no more turbulence .I installed latest version of FSUIPC (unregistered), and i'll check if something changes.

Guest Topy

Hi again,The mistery goes on.Before launching FS9 tonite, I did update FSUIPC, AS6.In AS, I turned off turbulences, and succeeded to make a flight KLAX-MMPR without problem !Then, I did a new try on a EBBR-EGLL flight, and ... Nighmare strikes again, the 747 turns round ...Here it is : http://pix.nofrag.com/3/d/7/7a63a48c66a418...fdecb48873.htmlOne strange thing, look at the PFD: it show a LEFT direction, but the plane goes left even if F/D is engaged :http://pix.nofrag.com/5/d/3/e74968c38ca0a7...4f9503f435.htmlAnother screen from upper view :http://pix.nofrag.com/d/d/d/ac9cd7b4e56867...71c8670b4e.htmlEDIT: After flying it manually, it worked again, tracking and turning fine :http://pix.nofrag.com/2/3/5/b843c8313e2fdf...9986e06a9b.htmlPlease help, I'm out of idea ...

Guest Worldliner

The rudder is turning you to the left...Did you try recalibrating the joystick?You could also try disabling rudder control from joystick, and then do a test flight to see if it still happens.Stjepan

Guest Topy

I increased the deadzone of my Saitek. The rudder is now centered.Will keep you informed, i'll give it a try next week (my wife wants some social life ...)Thank you all, I hope the return of my 2nd wife (PMDG) will come soon...

Guest Topy

Hi there !It's confirmed, the problem comes from my Saitek. It twists sometimes to the left (the joystick don't move alone, but it's like it does), so rudders hardly the plane !I tried to enlarge the twist deadzone to 50% (!), but it's not enough. It still happens.Is there another thing to do in the configuration options to neutralize it ? In FS ?

Are you using the X52?If so there is a wheel like knob on the throttle unit below where you would put your thumb. This is the other control for the rutter. Just make sure it is centered at all times.