Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mac_Paint

PMDG Garuda Indonesia MD-11

Guest HeavyMetal

Pete.. I don't know how you continue to produce such magnificent liveries.. Can hardly wait for the MD-11 realease..------------------------------------------------------------------Joe"It's not the fall that kills ya. It's the sudden stop at the end"http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_trijet.jpg

Guest digitalHD

I'm sorry to say this, but although i realize that this plane is in its beta phase, the model looks utterly mundane .. nothing breathtaking about it, surely not worth the 3+ years they i'v devoted to this project. lets hope the panel and functionality will compensate the boring model.P.s - to the admins, do not censor this post.Joe fischer

Sorry you feel this way. There is only so much one can do to model any aircraft for FS. We feel excited about our version of this exciting airplane and we're sure this will please the discriminating flight sim fan in presentation of our model, its panel and total functionality. Since you did not feel it necessary to sign your post, as required by our forum rules, your post is subject to deletion, cheers.

Joe,Everyone has their right to an opinion, but perhaps you could be more constructive with your comments? Maybe say where you believe improvement could be made, or suggest something that would make this aircraft model better. A post like this is provocative and somewhat rude (I am sure it wasn't meant to be). If you want to be constructive in your criticism I find this forum is a friendly environment to do so, so long as you express yourself in a polite and constructive manner.There are some shots of the interior within the PMDG pages and on this forum, you should take a look. There are also videos of the aircraft model and the interior model. I for one believe they've done a good job in replicating the "look" of the MD-11, and don't share your opinion I'm afraid.I'm a firm believer in being constructive, as are a lot of others here, anyone can shout something down and say it's "mundane" or "rubbish", but it's so much more encouraging and friendly to say "have you thought of this?", "do you think you would be able to do this too?", "looks good but if you could do x it would be even better!".. see what I mean?... You might also find there are reasons why some things are not included etc "we tried to do x but couldn't because of y.. :( "... I think with a post like that you don't give the impression you want to help, just stir up and annoy those who have worked hard on the project, I am sure that's not your intent.. CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Joe,I am one of those who were looking hours at the model to check if it looks like the real plane. To me it looks fantastic.So if you could point out specific things you don't like about the model let us know. Looks like an MD-11 to me so I'm at a loss what you are talking about I'm afraid...Markus

Markus Burkhard

Joe,The model seems to be as good as FSX is capable of. What do you expect? A photoreal render? FSX graphic engine does not allow this and probably wont for some time.As for the detail, I dont see anything missing. Both the model and textures look fantastic.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now