Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG MD-11 BETA Progress Update

Guest Ted_Pan

SWEEEET!Regards,Ted Panamarioff - Kodiak, AlaskaCore 2 Duo E64004gb RAMnVidia GTS8800 640mbVista 32

Guest Tom C.

>Update for you guys - beta 4 is out as of tonight.>>One bit of new feature implementation I'm betting some will>like - the MCDU will now directly load FS flight plans>natively without the need for FSBuild or anything like that to>convert them. :DWill we still be able to use FSBuild though as before?

I am very curious as to how the beta testing process is performed i am ot looking to get an idea of a release but i se and read about the beta 4 and stuff and what are the different stages of beta and alpha and how do yuo guys determin what is done on each stage?ThanksCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

Hi,Alpha tends to be devs-only work, whereby something is written and tested, bug-checked, fixed, tested, etc..Beta testing comes much later usually - the bulk of the systems are in place, most of the programming is done, and the testers fly the aircraft.Not only do you fly "properly" to ensure everything is accurate, but you try to break it, too. Do things you shouldn't, and report problems.Beta 4 means that they found issues in previous builds that were fixed, and then the count increases. A Beta build generally isn't a release build, and things may still be in the process of being completed.It's also an opportunity for the development to be opened very slightly to suggestions, and those implemented (but whether this is the case, and to what extent, depends heavily on the developer).Once the systems are finished from the point of view of the developers, you might see a few more beta builds, before you enter the RC phase. An RC is a Release Candidate, and basically you start over with a new install, and say "OK - this is it we think - does it work?". You again try and break it, fly it, etc.. maybe fix a few more bugs, and once it generally works as it should with no major issues, when it feels a solid product, it's released!Quite where those points are met depends again on the developer and any problems encountered (if any). You just get a "feel" for it.Best regards,Robin.

Guest pilot-joey

If I read it good, you said that with this Beta release (4) it is legal to share information and post screenshots from the Beta-testers. Why isn't there anyone posting??

>If I read it good, you said that with this Beta release (4)>it is legal to share information and post screenshots from the>Beta-testers. Why isn't there anyone posting??Because they're having too much fun!!They will post things when they're ready.George

Guest LCD1080

>If I read it good, you said that with this Beta release (4)>it is legal to share information and post screenshots from the>Beta-testers. Why isn't there anyone posting??The original post in this thread said that "possibly after BETA 4 we'll turn the beta team loose to begin sharing images and thoughts regarding this airplane". Even if the beta testers could post now I'd rather they stay focused on the job at hand, namely finishing their work on BETA 4. There'll be plenty of time for partying once that's done.

Guest pilot-joey

Come on, if they already fly it etc. it's just a matter of seconds to take a few screenshots. It's not such a big task so don't be a saint.. Ofcourse they need to focus first on their Beta but I just asked it hey ;)!

Indeed.. i stand with you lol.. No harm in asking.. Must say that 90% on this board can only reply like: they have to finish it first, give them time.. or this one: they show it when its ready.. DUH;-)

>Indeed.. i stand with you lol.. No harm in asking.. Must say>that 90% on this board can only reply like: they have to>finish it first, give them time.. or this one: they show it>when its ready.. DUH;-)Btw sorry that i forgot to close the message with my name.. And that i am really looking forward to the md-11.. cant wait..Martijn