Sign in to follow this  
RDG41

Assigning keys...

I would like to assign keys to adjust the altitude, heading and the V/S instead of using my mouse.Within the PMDG menu for keyboard commands, there are fields for Increase Alt and Decrease Alt, also increase SPD and Decrease SPD,and for HDG and V/S.When I assign keys to these, nothing happens. Is there someone out there who has been sucsessful in assigning these? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks,

Ron:Look for conflicting assignments in Flight Simulator and in FSUIPC- sometimes you could end up using a key that is already assigned for something else.Once you have a unique key/key sequence- you can even map that to buttons or levers using FSUIPC.Works well for me- let us know after you double check all assignments.Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 - FSGS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe | e8500 | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MG SATA2 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hi Carl,Thanks for your response. I did have keys being used in FSX that I was trying to use in the PMDG menu. I thought when it told me that it was in use that it would just override the FSX menu, but I guess it doesn't.When I picked an unused combination, it worked fine.Thanks again.

Guest Brettlee

a curious question i hope you could answer for me? Is there any way of remapping individual keys to each throttle instead of mouse use and where is the reverse thrust keys i dont seem to be able to find them in fsx or my pmdg menu thanks Brett

Hi Brett,If you look in your assignments for your devise, you will see that there is a throttle 1 up to 4. Assign each throttle to each one.Reverse thrust is I believe derate quickly. Just look for what is assigned to the f2 key and thats your reverse thrust.Unfortunatly, you can't assign it to each engine so when you deploy it, all 4 engins will activate.Hope that helps.

Regarding thrust mapping questions...Reverse thrust is simply reduce thrust applied after the engines are at idle. So, in theory any thrust reduction key should eventually provide reverse thrust on that engine. This is how I've done it on my throttle quad using FSUIPC.A lot ask the similar question of how to get their throttle quad to do reverse thrust.. really you need FSUIPC to do it.. (I am thinking of my Saitek)... Throttle x controls engine x thrust. When the throttle x lever is at 0, it sends a signal "engine x cut" to the simulation, when (using saitek throttles) pushed into the reverse position (a button on the throttles pressed by pushing the lever down past the cut position) it sends the signal "throttle x reduce". From an already "cut" thrust, reducing thust simply adds reverse thrust. Once the throttle x is back to the idle position it sends the signal "throttle x cut" once the reverse thrust button is unpressed. That way reverse thrust is cancelled when the throttle x returns to the idle position.This has advantages as it can operate throttles and reversers independently, however, holding the throttle in the reverse position gives you no control on the amount of reverse thrust you can use. It is simply like holding down F2, until you unpress it. This way reverse thrust will continue to increase until it reaches maximum and will then remain until it is cut. What would be nice.. is an axis assignment to reverse thrust, and a throttle quad with that axis built into the system so reverse thrust can actually be properly controlled as it is on the real aircraft.One thing I also find, is that with my throttles, my engines never quite idle.. always a little higher than standard idle.. Think this is a throttle issue in my hardware..Sorry it's a bit off track, but I figured others might have questions like this, and they'll see this thread and read it..CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL