Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peterchambers

Saving key assignment changes in 737

Hello, I have the full set of PMDG Boeings installed. When I try and re-assign keys to the Panel Switchers the change is accepted until I close the assignment change dialogue box in the top menu in the sim. The assignment then reverts to the default setting. This occurs even after deleting the assignment before changing it.I have to change these and other assignments in order to use "Its Your Plane". Does anyone know how to solve this or do I have to re-install and not put the 747 and 747F back in?Best wishesPeter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I delete the MSFS keyboard assignments first, then set the PMDG keyboard commands. When upgrading or adding an aircraft, the 737 keyboard might need reset but once I did that I have not had problems.Try deleting the MSFS assignments, if that doesn't help give us a specific example of one that is not working and we will step through it.

Thank you, DanIt was suggested on the IYP Forum that the relevant folders in the PMDG file were write protected. Write enabling them has solved the problem as far as I can see.One odd thing remains - but I am not sure yet if it matter to what I am doing - in the 737 8/900 upgrade if I assign control shift tab 7 to Panel Switcher T, then when I assign control shift tab 9 to Panel switcher C it says that CST 9 is already assigned to to PS T and then PS T clears if I continue.If I have further problem, I will come back to you if I may. Amazing how good this plane remains after its long history. best wishes, Peter