Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

[MD-11]: Pressurization

Hi,If I took off with the doors open, do I get pressurization alerts?Best regards,Robin.

Yeap.VangelisPS. Better still open it at altitude !===================================== E M V Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Robin,or a more real example:Depart from Quito (Ecuador) with a lightly loaded MD-11 (all doors closed of course). That airport is at 9200ft and the cabin alt. alert is set to go off as soon as cabin alt. is climbing above 9'500ft. So you can imagine if you depart and climb fast that the cabin rate will not be able to compensate that quick and you'll have a nice master warning sound :)Opening a cabin door at CRZ altitude is pretty much impossible, the pressure differential is pushing the door against it's framing. And to open a cabin door on the MD-11 it has to move inwards first.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>>Opening a cabin door at CRZ altitude is pretty much>impossible, the pressure differential is pushing the door>against it's framing. And to open a cabin door on the MD-11 it>has to move inwards first.Could Arnold Schwarzenegger do it? :DRhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>> Opening a cabin door at CRZ altitude is pretty much impossible, the >> pressure differential is pushing the door against it's framing. And >> to open a cabin door on the MD-11 it has to move inwards first....which is why I was careful to write "before takeoff" :D@Vangelis: Great!Best regards,Robin.

Sure seems to me if it cant actually open then you guys modeled a very animated aircraft on every plane I have seen in my sim no matter what altitude you are at the doors always open as if you where on the ground not moving.So you guys have just shown an ability to make it more real to me.Thank YouCapt. Eric Wade Joneswww.usairwaysva.orghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/1900driver.jpg

We left the option of opening, say, a cargo door at altitude to simulate the event of the guy chasing around Arnie with a gun and firing indiscriminately :) Simulates (almost) rapid decompression.The outcome is pretty alarming first time you try it even if you trigger it yourself. Let us see what quick you are in recovering,Vangelis===================================== E M V Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

Guest rellehenk

No problem at all ;)Last time at Quito we made packs off take off for a 2 hour flight. No alerts at all...

Is this rapid depressurisation option only for the FSX MD-11? Just I have never seen anything like this in FS9 before?Rudy

Guest c210_cvs

The freeware Tu-154M from the Tupolev group also will not open the door if the cabin is pressurized.