Sign in to follow this  
NicholasB

Where do i find the FSX.EXE? Sorry for the dumb question

Hi,Where can i find the FSX EXE? As youmay figure im not so hot in the computer skills department!Thanks NicholasBB

By default it is located in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XWhy do you need to do something to the exe though?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi Ryan,Thanks for your reply, before i run the suggested 4gig path for fsx as suggested in the MD11 users guide i just want to make sure i do it in the right place.I run a core 2 duo at 3.3ghz 4gb of ram and Nvidia 9800GTX, so i should not have a problem, but tonight i fleqw from beijing to Tokyo about 3 hrs and just after touchdown on roll out i got an OOM error.I want to do as much as i can to get better performance. My FSX settings are by no means maxed at all.Any tips?ThanksNicholasBB

Ah you're doing the 3GB patch, ok... The OOM errors are unfortunately just a fact of life with FSX I'm afraid. Using Vista x64 with 4GB is the best way to minimize them.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi, Thanks for the tips.I attempted th 3 gig switchsomet time ago, however, not sure if i did it correctly. I will check it again now before i go ahead with the 4GB FSX patch. And Vince, thanks for that vital tip. ill make sure i back up the FSX.EXE.Cheers NicholasBB