Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NicholasB

Where do i find the FSX.EXE? Sorry for the dumb question

Hi,Where can i find the FSX EXE? As youmay figure im not so hot in the computer skills department!Thanks NicholasBB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

By default it is located in C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XWhy do you need to do something to the exe though?

Hi Ryan,Thanks for your reply, before i run the suggested 4gig path for fsx as suggested in the MD11 users guide i just want to make sure i do it in the right place.I run a core 2 duo at 3.3ghz 4gb of ram and Nvidia 9800GTX, so i should not have a problem, but tonight i fleqw from beijing to Tokyo about 3 hrs and just after touchdown on roll out i got an OOM error.I want to do as much as i can to get better performance. My FSX settings are by no means maxed at all.Any tips?ThanksNicholasBB

Ah you're doing the 3GB patch, ok... The OOM errors are unfortunately just a fact of life with FSX I'm afraid. Using Vista x64 with 4GB is the best way to minimize them.

Hi, Thanks for the tips.I attempted th 3 gig switchsomet time ago, however, not sure if i did it correctly. I will check it again now before i go ahead with the 4GB FSX patch. And Vince, thanks for that vital tip. ill make sure i back up the FSX.EXE.Cheers NicholasBB