Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cris B

FS9 Engravity CDU and GoFlight Interfaces (Where?)

Many thanks - I'll have another go, this time with the latest driver.Bud
If You are using FSX PMDG MD-11 latest version (...051), Reverse functionalityfor speed brakes + flaps must be checked (as for all other aircraft too)but if You have FSX MD-11 earlier version it should not be checked. Within FSX settings I have defined under "Advanced control" full sensibilityand zero neutral.Gerd

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit

Excellent, Gerd, thanks. One more thing: do you need to create individual profiles with the GoFlight manager software for 1-4 engine aircraft for the quadrant? If so, do you need to load these profiles each time you select an aircraft with a different number of engines?Thanks again!Jonathan
No, not needed. You just need one profile for FS9 + one for FSX.I have defined the profiles for a 4 engine aircraft and thats it.If I use a 2 engine aircraft I just use the first 2 levers (from left).However, if You want to have the 2 levers in the middle of the fourthen, of course, You have to define a seperate profile. But I never tried this.Gerd

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit

Cool I must be doing something wrong then. In fs9 I had no problems with any of my controllers but in fsx I have problems with 50% of them not working correctly (I have 4 of them including the T-6). Let me ask, are you using FSUIP or anything else?By the way I did try the new drivers and still no change at all even have that stupid question "if I want to use the GoFlight stuff" during the splash screen.Ryan Gann
Ryan,came just back in my mind:I assumed that GFdevFSX.exe is running upfront starting the FSX.That

Gerhard Dresch

No, not needed. You just need one profile for FS9 + one for FSX.I have defined the profiles for a 4 engine aircraft and thats it.If I use a 2 engine aircraft I just use the first 2 levers (from left).However, if You want to have the 2 levers in the middle of the fourthen, of course, You have to define a seperate profile. But I never tried this.Gerd
Sounds pretty good. Thanks again.JS

Ger:Do you find the throttle levers very stiff? Do you use the GoFlight pedestal unit to anchor them? Jonathan

Ger:Do you find the throttle levers very stiff? Do you use the GoFlight pedestal unit to anchor them? Jonathan
Jonathan,they are a bit stiff, thats right. I have a heavy metal yoke from Jeppesen on my desk andhave attached the throttle to this with a steel bracket.Selfmade.Gerd

Gerhard Dresch

Guest Bud
If You are using FSX PMDG MD-11 latest version (...051), Reverse functionalityfor speed brakes + flaps must be checked (as for all other aircraft too)but if You have FSX MD-11 earlier version it should not be checked. Within FSX settings I have defined under "Advanced control" full sensibilityand zero neutral.Gerd
Hello GerdMost peculiar - I have the latest version MD 11 FSX. If I check reverse functionality, then the spoiler lever does not work - it moves to full on and stays there.Bud

Hello GerdMost peculiar - I have the latest version MD 11 FSX. If I check reverse functionality, then the spoiler lever does not work - it moves to full on and stays there.Bud
Bud,that

Gerhard Dresch

Have just found this in the PMDG modification description of version ...51:"50. In the previous version when spoilers or flaps were operated using joystick levers the controlinput was converted so that a reverse operation was forced (moving the lever towards youincreases flaps or speedbrakes setting). Now there is no input manipulation; instead, the waythe lever is operated is left to be determined by the way the axis was assigned in either theFS or FSUIPC controls menu ("reverse" checkbox ticked or not)."This describes what I said earlier. Have You changed something in FSUIPC which reverses the sence again?Gerd

Gerhard Dresch

Guest Bud
Have just found this in the PMDG modification description of version ...51:"50. In the previous version when spoilers or flaps were operated using joystick levers the controlinput was converted so that a reverse operation was forced (moving the lever towards youincreases flaps or speedbrakes setting). Now there is no input manipulation; instead, the waythe lever is operated is left to be determined by the way the axis was assigned in either theFS or FSUIPC controls menu ("reverse" checkbox ticked or not)."This describes what I said earlier. Have You changed something in FSUIPC which reverses the sence again?Gerd
Hello GerdI hadn't spotted that - good find. In FS I have reverse checked for flaps. The flaps operation works fine. I have reverse unchecked for spoiler for the reason I mentioned above previously. I have nothing allocated for this function in FSUIPC.Bud

Jonathan,they are a bit stiff, thats right. I have a heavy metal yoke from Jeppesen on my desk andhave attached the throttle to this with a steel bracket.Selfmade.Gerd
Gerd:Do you find it quite easy to push the levers up from the lowest position and do you have good control over the increase or decrease of power with the levers? I am wondering that if I place the quadrant on my GoFlight pedestal in the recommended position, will I have trouble reaching down for the thrust levers to push them up with my right hand? The lowest lever position looks like it is almost flat. Appreciate any further comments on this, thanks!Jonathan

Hello GerdI hadn't spotted that - good find. In FS I have reverse checked for flaps. The flaps operation works fine. I have reverse unchecked for spoiler for the reason I mentioned above previously. I have nothing allocated for this function in FSUIPC.Bud
Bud,is this problem just limited to the MD-11 or to other aircraft too?Gerd

Gerhard Dresch

Gerd:Do you find it quite easy to push the levers up from the lowest position and do you have good control over the increase or decrease of power with the levers? I am wondering that if I place the quadrant on my GoFlight pedestal in the recommended position, will I have trouble reaching down for the thrust levers to push them up with my right hand? The lowest lever position looks like it is almost flat. Appreciate any further comments on this, thanks!Jonathan
Jonathan,is this a theoretical question or a fact?Have placed mine in a way that it is easy for me.You have to find a place where handling is comfortable for You.Nobody can help You on this.Gerd

Gerhard Dresch

Guest Bud
Bud,is this problem just limited to the MD-11 or to other aircraft too?Gerd
Currently I only fly the MD 11. I have a home cockpit set up for this plane. Quite by accident, I just found the source of the problem. I looked at the calibration of the TQ6 - some time since I last did this - and found that it was in a real mess looking at the data. I went ahead and re-calibrated the lot - spoiler, throttles, flaps and reverse thrust levers. All now work fine, including spoiler lever. I'm annoyed with myself for not having done this sooner. Grrr !!Bud

Does anyone know of a cheaper solution, in these dark reccesion filled days, that accomplishes the same job. I am not so bothered about throttle levers but would love an air brake and flaps lever with detents.

Keith Sandford.