Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Susan27

MD11: Engine startup: "No bleed air"?

Hi,im am really new to PMDGG, though flew with PMDG B737 (FSG 2002) years ago with success... Because I want to go step by step I would like to try basic ops at the ground first.I would like to start from cold & dark cockpit. Nevertheless I read the tutorial (Heathrow to Zurich) to get a feeling for the bird...Here is my current problem with the MD11 engine startup:My APU is already running. At page 13 of the PMDG-MD11 Tutorial the Engine startup procedure is decribed:But after I right-click on the orange knob (for Engine No 3 to start) to pull it out the N2 will not go up. Instead of this a warning message appears on the Engine display stating/flashing"Config - Air"So my question is: How can I fix that? I think my problem with the engine start is that there isnt APU Bleed available for engine startup. But as I said before I have the APU running perfectly and getting electricity...(!)nwjroajd_jpg.htm Thanks very much for your help! :)Kind regardsSusan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>My APU is already running. At page 13 of the PMDG-MD11>Tutorial the Engine startup procedure is decribed:Hi, SusanHave you clicked on APU bleed?Schmid

Thanks very much for your quick response! :)Well, I dont really know if APU bleed is on here. Where can I switch this "APU Bleed Air" switch to "on"...?Here is what the Overhead panel looks like at the moment: k5sbo6yh.jpgKRSusan

Susan,looks good on the overhead, APU bleed is indeed working.So N2 SHOULD go up as intended. What alerts are you seeing on the AIR page of the SD?Markus

Hi Markus,well the problem is that N2 isnt going to raise (=engine startup/spool up) although APU is running. N2 is staying at zero(!). The warning message isnt at the Air display but at the engine display. My screen is looking this way:2k4f4dpi.jpgKRSusan

You need to give the engine fuel at 15% N2.(Click the knob under the illuminated ENG start light)That "Air" alert you see is normal with APU bleed on.And the "Config" refers to there being outstanding items (Flaps etc.) to be completed before take off.Sam

Thanks everyone, it`s working now...engines are running finde...! :)KRSusan