Sign in to follow this  
Shmiffy

ARINC424

Hi Guys:Just a few quick questions about the much mentioned ARIC424 Data.1)What is the ARINC424 Data that has been referenced a lot lately in the forum? 2)How will it affect us?3)Will it mean changes to the navdata and sid/star updates for the 744 and MD11?4)As a result of any format change, will PMDG have to release an update so that the FMC's/FMS's understand the new format?CheersPaul

>1)What is the ARINC424 Data that has been referenced a lot>lately in the forum? It is the industry standard for formatting and packaging aviation navigational database. The data is stored in a binary format so you really can't read it (as opposed to the AIRAC text based data).>2)How will it affect us?It will only affect those who will use the upcoming 737NG.>3)Will it mean changes to the navdata and sid/star updates for>the 744 and MD11?No, per my understanding they will remain as they are - using the old (text based) style data.>4)As a result of any format change, will PMDG have to release>an update so that the FMC's/FMS's understand the new format?Again, per my understanding only the new 737NG FMC will understand this new format. No changes to prior products.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Hi Michael:Many thanks for the response. That clears that up for me :)CheersPaul

Guys if we do this it's very likely going to retain the ability to use the old text based procedure data as well... We don't expect people to start writing code lol.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>We don't expect people to start writing code lol.;) :)Edit: Seems the forum doesnt like that. Lets try it again...And why He11 Not? ;) :)CheersPaul

Hi, one of the most important things for me when ARINC Standard is coming: The 747/MD-11 should get updated to understand AF-Legs, RF-Legs and all the other new things. If not, its better to stay with the current capabilities because it gets useless when there is only the NG 2.0 which supports it. If you do it, please do it for NG 2.0, 747 and MD-11 of course. Jan-Paul