Sign in to follow this  
brucek

MD11 first impressions

I am in the process of my first MD11 flight using the supplied tutorial. Having also started reading the manuals I'm amazed at the engineering compexity and the systems of this bird. PMDG have done an incredible job with this simulation, it has raised the bar again!For those more familiar with the MD11 than I am, is it more complex to fly than the B744, or is it just that I'm more used to the latter? Thanks for such an amazing product!Bruce.

As long as everything is working, the MD11 is less work to fly than the 744 in my opinion. The PROF works much better than VNAV, fuel is automated and the MCDU interface is clever although this requires effort to learn if you are used to the Boeings. The only area that the MD11 can bite is on takeoff where the pilot has to fly her until she is ready to hand off to otto. The higher approach speeds take getting used too, but she is a dream machine.

Dan Downs KCRP

Only picky thing is, that I cant take off from RNW 9 in TNCM, because my aircraft calculates 160 at take off speed, so once I try to clear the mountains I go into a stall or crash :'(

Your not suppose to try and clear the mountain, your suppose to make a right hand turn after takeoff