Sign in to follow this  

FS Build or FS NAV, which is better??

I have spent a good part of my Sunday looking in past posts to the answerer to this question and if there is one just direct me to it. Absent that, any thoughts on this issue. I have been putting together my own plans but I times I do need a flight planner program. Can anyone provide me with the positives or negatives of both programs.Many thanks,WS KEWR

I better state from the outset I don't have FSNav.But knowing the functionality of FSNav it is my opinion this program is an overkill for something like 767PIC - who needs for example to use FSNav's FMC since the PIC has a real one ? Using FSNav as a moving map also makes little sense to me - 767 has one built in which is more 'real'.On the other hand what PIC's users want is a good flight plan builder. FSBuild has excellent flight building capability though being freeware its user interface lacks polish of a commercial offering. From what I heard flight plans generated by FSBuild are a notch better (more realistic) than the ones from FSNav.Michael J.

>From what I heard flight plans generated by FSBuild are a notch better (more realistic) than the ones from FSNav.