Sign in to follow this  
Guest J_Niny

TCAS for PIC

Guest Ian_Riddell

Hi, guys.Yes, TCAS targets are displayed on the IVSI (if the IVSI has an LCD display). Here's a shot of one on Air New Zealand.http://www.ozemail.com.au/~iriddell/767/Tcasivsi.jpg(Actually, here in Sydney, the IVSI type appears to be the most common type of 767 TCAS display). Cheers.Ian.

Guest Martin

So the planes that have the IVSI doesn't have TCAS on the EHSI?You should upload these pictures to airliners.net to save me from browsing through twelve pages of zoomed out, blurry, dark images of 767 cockpits! :-lolMartin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Ian_Riddell

>So the planes that have the IVSI doesn't have TCAS on the >EHSI? I can't say I've seen or heard of any aircraft with both, Martin, but I'll keep an eye/ear open ;-)>You should upload these pictures to airliners.net to save me >from browsing through twelve pages of zoomed out, blurry, >dark images of 767 cockpits! :-lol Er.... Probably not a good idea (at least not for me). You'll find that airlines, these days, are not particularly happy about people posting shots of their cockpits on the internet... for a variety of reasons (both commercial and security). Believe it or not, I do make some attempt to restrict my photos to a limited audience :-) I really don't think I'd have my job for too long if I slipped up and accidentally posted (on a well-trafficked site like airliners.net) a crystal clear shot of one of the new cockpit door locking mechanisms... and the company found out about it ;-) (or, perhaps more importantly, a shot of an aircraft which DIDN'T already have one of the new types of door locking mechanisms! There may still be airplanes out there without them).Hope this make sense.Cheers.Ian.

>I really >don't think I'd have my job for too long if I slipped up and >accidentally posted (on a well-trafficked site like >airliners.net) a crystal clear shot of one of the new >cockpit door locking mechanismsHi Ian!I sure could have used that two weeks ago :-)I was flying aboard an Airbus and the captain let me stay up front for a while. It was really dark up there and when it was time to leave (no more landings allowed up front if you ain't crew - which I wasn't (actually only crew is allowed up front)) it took me around 30 seconds to figure out how to get the door open! :-)I have opened old fashioned doors quite a few times but this one really proved to be a hassle. :-)Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest Martin

I kinda suspected something like that. The concern doesn't seem very rational of course, but then again rationality seems to be threatened with extinction. ;-)No, seriously, I can see why detailed photos of (lack of) door locking mechanisms, transponders, self destruct mechanisms, and so on shouldn't be widely available, but I only have to go to the closest encyclopedia to find a clear photo of the primary instruments on a 757/767 (newer encyclopedia), or a detailed explanation of a DC-8 cockpit (OLD one).Anyway, it's not really that bad - after all you make us feel special! ;-) :-lolOh, and it reminds of the only longer cockpit visit I've done, it was aboard a LH A340 on a NAT track. I started the little chat with "so, I see we're on NAT track Tango today...". The F/O was completely stunned and said "Why do you know that??". :-)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest Ian_Riddell

"Oh, and it reminds of the only longer cockpit visit I've done, it was aboard a LH A340 on a NAT track. I started the little chat with "so, I see we're on NAT track Tango today...". The F/O was completely stunned and said "Why do you know that??". "LOL.... Just as long as he didn't immediately slap the handcuffs on you, Martin (after hitting you a few times with the billy club/baton/crash axe) .... He probably thought to himself.... "Other than pilots, only terrorists would know what much about flight paths" :-)Cheers.Ian.

Guest Martin

It was last August, so they weren't thinking of terrorists. And the F/O was actually very nice (even though his FS knowledge was severely limited: "What is it now - FS4?"). The captain didn't talk very much but when I asked about how it was to fly the A340 he put a big smile on his face and said "It flies itself!"Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Actually there is Kevin. There is a digital (LCD) VSI that displays TCAS info. This is very different from the conventional VSI which provides the RAs via the series of red lights. I saw one on a TransBrazil 767-300ER.Regards,Wade

>How Difficult is to build a TCAS gauge using the Easy Gauge >Program and after the TCAS is finished create a transparent >VSI on it? will that do? bump

I notice the latest version of FSUIPC (2.86) has multiplaer TCAS links in it. Maybe gauges will now follow.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)