Sign in to follow this  

Engine drops to idle after accessing the menus...

The problem is that when I access any of the menus while I'm flying PIC and then return to the flight, the engines go back to idle and then slowly back up to where they were(Using A/T). The airspeed will usually drop back a good bit in the process. I don't recall this happening prior to recently. The only thing I've added is the latest FIUPC module. Thanks for any help!

This is a known problem. It does not depend on your FSUIPC version.Try pausing the sim before accessing the menu or simply press F4 when you return to the sim. It will firewall your thrust levers and you won't deviate a lot from your current airspeed.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest ilh

Or turn off the A/T before accessing the menus.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

I'll try those recommendations. Thanks for the tips guys!Eric

If I remember right...If you pause the sim at any point when you have the VNAV or LNAV functions on you get a death spiral. I've had it happen to me once climbing out of SFO going to JFK. It kind of slowly turns over to the left (I believe). You just sit there and watch it at first, and then by the time you realize that the autopilot isn't treating you right, it's too late and you've flipped inverted and are heading straight down with the overspeed siren going off, followed shortly by the standard MS move to external view to show you the position that you were in when your wings fell off... Sorry, I ramble.Later,Neil

Guest ilh

Hmm... I've never seen this. Do you have to pause for a certain length of time?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Pause until the six pack of beers take effect - never seen it myself - but then I refuse to fly the PIC - not in the slightest bit impressed by what I have seen.

If you pause then minimize FS to the taskbar this won't happen.

I could be wrong, but try unchecking "Pause on Task Switch" in the options menu(if is not already unchecked of course).WSKEWR

but then I refuse to fly the PIC - not in the slightest bit impressed by what I have seenRrrrright...Jon (KSEA)

Hmm, Chumley, your opinion has changed quite a bit from what it was a while ago:( [http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=144&forum=DCForumID33&omm=2&viewmode=threaded] "it is a brilliant piece of work and I cannot understand what possessed me not to buy it when it first came out" ). Care to elaborate on what has changed your mind?Regards,Wade

I can't say that I can associate it directly with pausing, but I have had this problem on occation, but I can usually save it. My answer is disengage, fly it yourself and then turn on a different auto pilot.