Sign in to follow this  

If there's one more thing I wish PIC could do..

I enjoy flying the PIC767.Today I likely have 500 PIC flightplans in the flightplan folder on my hardrive. Trouble is, PIC doesn't have a line where you can save the atc route...so when I retrieve a route to fly from point a to b, you can see all the waypoints but not the atc route to file.True, I could go to all 500 of them and reconstruct the atc route and write them down.Anyone have a way to handle this?gdboston

Sorry, I don't get it. What is an ATC route ?? ATC in FS needs exactly your flightplan so I don't understand what in the heck you are talking about.Michael J.

Ok, let me give you an example.The ATC Route from Boston [KBOS] to Atlanta [KATL] is:GLYDE BAF J77 PTW J48 ODF MACEY2 When you look inside the waypoints loaded to the PIC767 FMS you see:GLYDE BAF BIGGO GANDE SAX BWZ PTW BYRDD HAAGN PENSY EMI CSN MOL JOINN ODF CORCE MACEY WOMAC LOGEN The absence of being able to enter the ATC route means that you either have to write it down when you make it, or find some way to keep track of all the ATC routes you've made in PIC767When you file a flightplan with atc on vatsim, you shouldn't enter GLYDE BAF BIGGO GANDE SAX BWZ PTW BYRDD HAAGN PENSY EMI CSN MOL JOINN ODF CORCE MACEY WOMAC LOGEN in the flightplan box...you should enter...GLYDE BAF J77 PTW J48 ODF MACEY2 see?gd

What GD failed to mention was that he's flying online with VATSIM. The controllers need to see the route you are flying, but sure don't want to see every waypoint on a flight from Rio to Newark.The first time you use a route (via a planner) you will be able to cut and paste J route this, J route that, into the SB route. But, when you re-call a plan a few weeks later, only the waypoints are kept and I bet you a million bucks you won't remember the airways.What I did, as a stop gap, is create text files of every 767 PIC plan in "for ATC use" format grouped by airport. So, when I fly from Miami to Kennedy, I first load the plan into 767 PIC. Then I select the "File Flight Plan" option in SB, but instead of typing all the waypoints or guess at the routing, I fire up notepad and load the text file that has all the Kennedy flight plans. I do a search for "KMIAKJFK" and highlight the ATC route portion and cut and paste it into the SB route area. Close notepad, file the plan with ATC, Bob's your uncle, off you go.The NY web site routing system on vatsim has some 1300+ 767 PIC plans for EWR, LGA, JFK and PHL. You can find the latest DPs (inc some climbs from JFK and LGA), STARs, and the ATC route text files under "FMC/Other Files".Can't help you with Boston tho GD.King Hoyle - ZNY