Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight78

Question about GE engines on pic 767

Guest flight78

Hey i have a question i need to be answeard.Will you guys make both GE engines??CF6-80C2CF6-80A2Delta uses them both but i dunno i hope u will make both versions.Best regards: Alex

Don't count on an answer from the developers. Many have asked questions and they for whatever reason are choosing for now not to answer any.

Eric 

Guest flight78

OK thx for telling me now i know.Regards: Alex

Guest BoeingFreak

What would be the point in that anyway?It would be much better to have another engine manufactuer than two from the same type :-hmmm

Guest 73G

Hi,The GE CF6-80A (48.000 lb - 50.000lb) was primarily used on the 767-200 and the A310. The GE CF6-80C2 has a wider range in performance:- CF6-80C2B2 52.500 lb (used on the AA 767-200)- CF6-80C2B4 57.900 lb (used on the AA 767-200ER)- CF6-80C2B6 61.500 lb (used on the AA 767-300ER)(I used American Airlines for the example...I guess Delta is more or less the same)So the point will be that different engine types will give each aircraft the corresponding performance as in real-life. And of course..... I do hope LDS will add the PW an RR engines also.

I'm not sure if we will include more than one thrust version, but since all of the performance estimates are based on the actual flight model, substituting a copy of the AIR file with modified engine thrust values should work very well.Wade

Guest Matthias1975

So why no PW or RR engine variants? Or would that mean that the EICAS gauges , because of EPR, has to be programmed from the scratch? Sorry for this question but I am no gauges programmer so I don

Matthias,It's not difficult to "include" EPR in a gauge. What's difficult is the process of actually having REAL EPR information available to be able to actually calculate it (it's dependant of many things). EPR is a LOT more complicated parameter in FS than what you might think. To this day there's not ONE entirely correct EPR modelling for FS. Ron Freimuth has come very close with his calculations, but as far as I know, any breakthrough in this arena is still unseen.Also, you can forget about using the FS' own EPR parameter. It's bogus.Remember, the LDS team wants things to be right... Anyway, I'll let Wade comment on this too.Just so people don't think modelling EPR is just a matter of writing the three letters on the gauge... Modelling N1 is a lot easier.Tero

PPL(A)

BTWPersonally, I HATE EPR...it gives no immediately obvious information...for eg is EPR 1.17 close to full power, or idle, or what...how do you know if there is no diagramatic gauge beside it?

Full power is throttles fully forward. Idle is throttles fully aft. Half power is throttles at half.What could be simpler? :-)The EEC's compute max/min thrust and allow the pilot to adjust the thrust simply by moving the throttles to a certain position.Cheers.Ian.

Guest mmcevilley

>Full power is throttles fully forward. Idle is throttles>fully aft. Half power is throttles at half.>>What could be simpler? :-)Ian,Is this really the case? I thought all turbine power curves are exponential, not linear???!! ;-)-michael

As far as I know, Michael, within the idle to max rated thrust range, the EEC's try to produce linear thrust. The curve is flattened. When the EEC's are switched off, you will see a curved line.The diagram below shows the relationship between throttle position and EPR/thrust on an RB211 (FADEC)-powered 767 (EPR).http://members.ozemail.com.au/~b744er/EECControl.gifThe horizontal scale is thrust lever position and the vertical scale = EPR/thrust. The solid line on the graph represents thrust under normal EEC control.The dashed "ALTERNATE MODE" line may not quite be the same as no EEC control at all. The RB211 FADEC engine still has some control over the thrust in ALTERNATE, but the thrust line is not linear. Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian R>

The power curve is exponential but that doesn't mean that the thrust lever position can't be engineered to give a linear relationship with thrust. Throttle position is not equal to N1.Wade

Guest mmcevilley

>As far as I know, Michael, within the idle to max rated>thrust range, the EEC's try to produce linear thrust. The>curve is flattened. When the EEC's are switched off, you will>see a curved line.>Hope this helps.Ian,Certainly does. Thanks for the clarification of this additional EEC functionality.-michael