Sign in to follow this  
Guest november678x

PIC/LDS NAVDATA

Guest november678x

Hi, will there be anyway I can bring my flight planes from PIC into the new LDS sim? I read the files will be XML, is there anyway to convert the old PIC files into XML so we can keep the flight plans or will everything be lost? :-hmmm Thank you

all SID and STARs are new. No importing im afraid.Gary HayesLevel-D Simulations Development TeamNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

... but please don't come to the conclusion that something must be changed in the programm code, which will delay release! ;-)Regarding SIDs and STARs I am sure that it will not last very long that the first user made procedures will be available, and I personally don't understand why flightplan importing - doesn't matter from which source - is that important for so many users!Hope to fly my baby soon!GreetingsHenni

Guest NAVData

Hi all,does this make sense? I mean, flightplans which are old than one year, are outdated ... or not? Only my two cents ...Kind regards,Richard

im speaking about SIDs and STARs.I cant comment on the pln files.Gary HayesLevel-D Simulations Development TeamNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Guest Marcelo

Please?Regards, Marcelo Santiago, Chile

Guest flight78

Yep i agree with u Richard why import so old flightplans. By the way Richard could u answear this question? will there be new sid stars for picv2 or will it use they same method as the pic v1 that is already on ur site?. If new has to be created i hope it will be easy to do so.Best regards: Alexander

Guest Murf

I don't know that Richard is in the position to answer this question. The SID/STARS for the LDS767 are a completely new format and are in no way compatible with the old PIC format. I imagine that once the new format is released it will be up to Richard to determine if he will be able to provide SID/STARS in that format. Hopefully he will... :-)

Hi,From how I understand it, Richard never did produce SIDS/STARS, but he does host user created sids and stars.From what I have read the sids and stars can be created from within the FMC on the new PIC2. That should mean it is fairly straightforward.What I am hoping for is that first, they can be saved, and then we, the users who create them, will get our heads together to produce an accurate worldwide database, which can then be uploaded somewhere for all to access.Cheers,Paul ( SPIM )

Guest NAVData

Hi Gents,one word about a SID-STAR database:I don

Hey Richard,That's great news. So soon it's ciao to DAFIF and hello to an accurate worldwide data! Great!You say it has accurate SID/STAR data as well.... fantastic.Thanks for all your efforts!Looking forward to the LDS and some new data!Cheers,Paul ( SPIM )

Guest Marcelo

I surely hope, the sim can be released, in the meantime, while your new NAVDATA/SID/STAR updater is being made?Clarification highly appreciated!Regards, MarceloSantiago, ChilePosted on Tuesday, Feb.22, 10.25GMT

Guest NAVData

I believe YES :-)Our planed timeframe is approx. 6-8 months for the new datas ... so not before autumn. I hope too (and i