Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

FS2004 and SB, what do I need ?

Hi Vulcan, Yes it seems that Wideclient needs to have the "focus" for the Ding-Dongs to be heard. This is a pain as one has to refocus on Wideclient after every message is typed in SB,otherwise you miss messages. I dont see why this should occur in SB 2.3.5 and not SB 2.3.4I guess I shall re investigate how you have 2.3.4 working with visible aircraft.CheersIan

This may be a side effect of SB2.3.5 Ian.On my setup with SB2.3.4 SB opens up on the Widefs window so as long as I do not switch to other programs SB always has the focus.I tend to have the following programs open during an on line flying session.Widefs/SBRWFS MeteoSiCharts.The wideFS window is not full screen and the standard RW 'window' sits at the bottom right of the screen, partially hidden by WideFS, it is not often I need to llok at RW.FS Meteo is minimised, the only time I look at it is about 100 from destination to form an idea of what the destination weather is like.Si is also minimised and only looked at when I am curious about who's on line. From its minimised icon I will often switch ATC rather than use the ATC directory.Charts are viewed at the appropriate time but with ALT+TAB I quickly switch from charts to WideFS/SB so WideFS/SB only loses focus for a few seconds.HTH

Dear Vulcan and others,I am delighted to report that I finally have other Vatsim players visible, using :PC1 SB2.3.4 Wideclient 6.10, SBRelay12 andPC2 Wideserver 6.10, FS2004.I am embarrassed to admit I needed to edit Squawkbox.ini to show:WIDEFSVER=3This was somehing I used to do with FS2002, but forgot with FS2004.Thanks for all helpCheersIan

Glad it's all working for you now Ian.Now you will be able to see the multitude on the 25th :-)

>Hi Vulcan, >>Will check out the 25th.>>Do you or anyone how to get rid of the "Override" Button when>SB2.3.4 starts up?>>Cheers>IanSorry Ian about the 25th, wrong Ian from way back :-doh , I was thinking of Ian Able from the US and the 'Cross the Pond' event.From memory just hit the 'OK' button on the override pop-up and it should go.I think SBRelay creates it because with FS2k2 and SB2.3.4 you get 'override' in red in the SB window - no big deal.HTH

Hi,I am picking up my online flights too, and since widefs is apperntly payware, I wonder if older versions still work with fs2004?Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS WebsiteCURRENTLY MY SERVER IS DOWN FOR A FEW WEEKS!

Without going into too much detail Johan any freeware stuff that needs FSUIPC will work with the latest version of FSUIPC without registration (i.e. unpaid for version), as long as the developers have asked Pete for a registration key.So for on line flying with Vatsim/IVAO you do not need to pay for FSUIPC, just make sure you read the the instructions that come with SB, SBRelay, etc about entering the registration key into FSUIPC.Personally I use the other functions of FSUIPC so much that I have a fully registered copy, also I consider it 'the right thing to do' as a 'thank you' to Pete for all the work he has put into FSUIPC over the years for free. The payware thing only came about because of a change of personal circumstances for Pete, had that not happened I am sure FSUIPC would still be free.The above, of course, is just my personal opinion.HTH