Sign in to follow this  
someone

AVC Audio Breaking Up

As long as FS is minimized the radio coms sound fine, but when FS is up, the audio starts to break up. I doubt it's a bandwidth problem, I'm on cable.I have an SB Audigy2, but my MB has onboard sound, which is disabled right now. I was thinking of enabling it and piping the AVC audio through it. That way I can use my headset with mic for ATC while FS's sound will come through the normal speakers. Has anyone done this? Will this solve the audio breaking up problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Switch AVC from DIRECTSOUND to WAV and you should be ok.Let us know how that goes.

If switching from Direct Sound to Wave and vice-versa does not work for you go ahead with what you suggested. I had exactly the same problem......I also have an Audigy 2 installed, with my onboard sound disabled. Although I fixed my AVC sound problem by getting a USB Headset, I belive using a different sound source from the Sim sounds should also fix it.Good luck

>If switching from Direct Sound to Wave and vice-versa does>not work for you go ahead with what you suggested. I had>exactly the same problem......I also have an Audigy 2>installed, with my onboard sound disabled. Although I fixed my>AVC sound problem by getting a USB Headset, I belive using a>different sound source from the Sim sounds should also fix>it.>Good luckJust be advised that if you're onboard audio is a standard AC'97 hardware solution, FS9 will slow down some. AC'97 Onboard audio is an old non-accelerated standard that eats some CPU cycles in order to function. If, however, you are using a computer that relies on nVidia's onboard audio chipset solution (which is accelerated), this is not an issue and you can disregard. :)