Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agrajag

Adding aircraft and liveries to the VATSIM experience?

Guest Agrajag

I understand there are "CSL" files available to more appropriately show other aircraft? I added one as per one of the many documents I read during all this and currently see only two other aircraft flying around.I see one jumbo for all jets with a yellow livery logo on it and all GA aircraft are copies of my aircraft.Where does one go to better simulate this and is it worth it? If I understand correctly I'd be adding hundreds of megs of data to the setup (Is it added to FS, which is less desired, or Squawkbox, which would be more desired) just for those rare times when you see other planes in a session?

>I understand there are "CSL" files available to more>appropriately show other aircraft? I added one as per one of>the many documents I read during all this and currently see>only two other aircraft flying around.Well not everyone has this additional csl file set. Of course, tell your friends about this additional set and have them tell their friends. Eventually things will improve.>>I see one jumbo for all jets with a yellow livery logo on it>and all GA aircraft are copies of my aircraft.>If you see your aircraft, multiplayer isn't setup properly. Or possibly you didn't select the a/c texture in the SB flight plan. A known bug is if your online and change the texture, you will still the old texture. You need to disconnect and reconnect.>Where does one go to better simulate this and is it worth it?See above.>If I understand correctly I'd be adding hundreds of megs of>data to the setup (Is it added to FS, which is less desired,>or Squawkbox, which would be more desired) just for those rare>times when you see other planes in a session?Your frame rates may drop like a flying brick. Use caution with what you do change in the csl files.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hi Scotti know you created a nice folder to allow online flying to see projectai planesis it possible to create a similar folder for UT ultimate traffic planes or should i just install all the ai planes and use your csv filethanksBo

Bo Klop

>Hi Scott>>i know you created a nice folder to allow online flying to see>projectai planes>is it possible to create a similar folder for UT ultimate>traffic planes >or should i just install all the ai planes and use your csv>file>>thanks>BoYes, you can use UT, you would have to use the VBS file to generate the appropriate entries.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Guest Agrajag

Scott, I'm a bit confused. In your original reply to me I guess I misread it. It basically sounded like I should avoid adding anything. Now it seems your saying I should consider adding pai-sb.zip.I personally use MyTraffic and would love it if I could get VATSIM to just use those aircraft (though not enough to do all the config work myself). They're all good enough for me and designed to reduce the impact on framerates.