Sign in to follow this  
oal331

747 Dimensions

Hello from Athens,I need you help to find the dimensions for a 747 cockpit, for the main panel, pedestal etc.I have found in Aerosoft the dimensions of MCP (430X76X200), but i also want to know all the others, like the distance from mcp to pedestal, the main panel width, PFD & ND monitors dimensions and many many other measurements.I don't know if this infomration is easy to find it, or if I will be able to make a real dimensions cockpi, propably not :-), but at least i will be in position to start making something realistic, by keeping the ratio of dimensions between the different panels, gauges etc.GreetingsOAL331Athens-Greece

Guest groundpounder75

I am trying to find out the same information you are. I have just started designing my flight deck and I need the dimensions also. I haven't been able to come across any web sites that will straight out give you those dimensions. I think you need to be very tricky in deriving them. I have purchased, off of EBAY, a Varig 747-400 Operations Manual and there are a lot of flight deck pictures that I am going to use to get the dimensions, among other things. The only recommendation that I can make is that you know the CRTs are 8" x 8" and then if you have a good picture or poster of the flight deck you can scale from the CRTs. Also, check out this web site, http://em.ca/~cockpits/. This company sells 744 panels and states the dimensions for their panels on the web site. This would also provide you with a good idea of where to begin and a good place to start modeling the frame work for the panels. Good luck and if you find any other information please let me know. I am in the same boat you are.-Arthur

Hi guys, Post your email addresses and I will send you some measurements. The measurements given at the CSI website for the MCP and EFIS are correct.CheersGaz

Guest groundpounder75

Gaz,This sounds great. My email is asmith07@rochester.rr.com,Thanks,

Guest PeterK

PeterKDid anybody try E mailing customer relations at Boeing ???pete

HiUnfortunately this is their response to questions like this:"We cannot respond to questions regarding airplane configuration, materials used, production, or engineering processes. We are also unable to provide blueprints, CAD drawings, or other detailed specifications about our products."

Guest PeterK

PeterKTry the Evergreen web site....Evergreen international is a Bone Yard at pinal air park in Marana az...They servive 747s and have a collection of them in various pieces...maybe they can get a line tech to help you..http://www.evergreenaviation.compete

Unfortunately, unless your a company in the flight training industry or directly manufacturing parts, trying to get this type of request is extemely difficult. The only way for the vast majority of people to get the measurements is to walk into the cockpit with a tape measure in one hand and a notebook and pencil in the other, and then hope that they will share the information with you. I have made up some small drawings of the MIP, Pedestal and Throttle Quadrant of the 747-400 so if anyone needs them, send me your email address and I will send them through. CheersGaz

Garys I loking for plans, cad files, enything throttle quadrant of the 747-400. Do You share this?

WOW!!! This thread is over 15 years old!..... LOL. Sorry but I no longer have the info needed but if you go over to www.mycockpit.org I believe they may have 747-400 files available to download for registered members. 

All the best

Gary